Sign in to follow this  
Peter

A Tribute fit for a Queen

Lets all celebrate on Saturday and at home to Preston Saturday Week.

But lets not forget who is the real architect of where City are today, Nigel built this splendid team but without the backing of Delia and Michael we may not even have had a team.

I trust the club will give us the opportunity to show our appreciation to our saviours in true style.

Although I am delighted for the management, players and supporters my greatest appreciation goes to Delia and Michael, without whom this may never have happened.

I might bring How To Cook along on Saturday for Delia and the team to sign.

Peter you are right to mention Michael, I always feel a bit sorry for him as he is just as much part of it. He reminds me of Dennis Thatcher a bit. Anyway WE ARE UP UP UP

One of the greatest testaments to this couple is hearing fans of other teams say how much they wish their directors and chairmen were real, true fans of their clubs first and foremost. Seeing them both on the pitch last night, and on all the television coverage, was truly amazing. Their happiness shone through like beacons to everyone out there. I am so proud of them, the board, Nigel, his staff, the players, and us fans. To have been a tiny part of this has been awesome and whatever the future holds this will live forever in my memory. Here''s to even further..onwards and upwards!

Could not agree more................this delightful lady and her husband have given their all to the club through thick and thin. At our final game against Preston, I am sure that she will be on the pitch and may say a few words to the fans. I would love to see her receiving a few words herself in praise for what she has done or even a presentation to her and Michael from the fans in recognition of what they both have done.
Surely the web team can have some influence/say/talk to those who can and make this happen. Sue it would be greatly appreciated.

absolutely endorse these comments.. last nite i sat just feet away from Delia and Michael.. with my kids, my boy was so excited he did a little jig of delight and the smile Delia gave him as he caught her eye made my evening! She seemed so happy to see so much pleasure!

100% with everyone on Delia and Michael. It is tremendous to see how they are genuine fans, starting as Season Ticket holders before saving the Club financially, and then investing such huge amounts to back the dream..its around £8 million isn''t it?
I have two abiding memories of Delia...the first was at Cardiff, we were in the second bunch let through the gates - just as Delia arrived - and we turned back and saw this sea of yellow and green swarming around the streets. As they saw Delia everyone burst into "We love you Delia we do...." - I had a big lump in my throat, so goodness knows how Delia felt. The second was Boxing Day when she announced the signing of Hucks...this time I had tears rolling my cheeks.....MAGIC!!
One criticism though, I just wish Delia would milk the chant a bit more before she "gives us a wave"!! :-0]