14 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Of those 99 games, how many were from off the bench. Might need a "minutes played" stat here.

He’s not been a regular starter for Celtic either and has scored 2 or 3 from the bench 

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He’s not been a regular starter for Celtic either and has scored 2 or 3 from the bench 

All the more reason for a "minutes played" stat then, rather than going off the number of games he was involved in.

On 15/04/2024 at 00:25, Branston Pickle said:

Tbh we have done pretty well enough without him.  It is easy to forget quite how frustrating he was, but that isn’t to say we couldn’t have done with him on the bench.

We've done excellently without him but in my view the QPR, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday away draws could have all been wins had we had a fit, mobile striker on the bench to swap for Sargent.

Adam Idah, like Carlton Morris was (and several others over the years) just aren't 'a fit' at Norwich. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't necessarily mean they're poor players, just not suited to our club / team system / manager, whatever.

I'm not sure he'll play for us again

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't know which player has taken up more column inches on this forum in recent years, Idah or Cantwell.

They have both left the club, for now in any case with AI, but still the sagas go on.

I, personally, never particularly rated Idah. I did Cantwell.

Whether Idah's success in Scotland (so far) is meaningful is unknown. The same with Cantwell.

In hindsight, I am glad we cashed in on Cantwell (undisclosed fee) and would prefer some cash rather than have Idah back at City.

The failure of SVH to make any sort of impact at Carrow Road clouds the issue with the timing of Idah's departure, even though it was reportedly at his request/insistence for reasons we are familiar with.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Adam Idah did not publically run his team down, and let’s be honest he was great against West Ham in the premiership, and has simply looked like a player who needed a positive run of games for several years.  

TC is talented but he had a corrosive effect on the club for a long time.  A real shame and I hope he does well in the rest of his career but I am prefer Adam and genuinely hope his career kicks on.

49 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I wouldn't know which player has taken up more column inches on this forum in recent years, Idah or Cantwell.

They have both left the club, for now in any case with AI, but still the sagas go on.

I, personally, never particularly rated Idah. I did Cantwell.

Whether Idah's success in Scotland (so far) is meaningful is unknown. The same with Cantwell.

In hindsight, I am glad we cashed in on Cantwell (undisclosed fee) and would prefer some cash rather than have Idah back at City.

The failure of SVH to make any sort of impact at Carrow Road clouds the issue with the timing of Idah's departure, even though it was reportedly at his request/insistence for reasons we are familiar with.

Adam Idah and to an extent Cantwell is they are “good” or at least a bit meh rather than great. 

Take a step back and Idah has scored 7 goals for us mainly from the bench. Now has 7 for Celtic and a couple for Ireland. So may even reach 20 goals season.  Just imagine if that was a new signing bought to be a  third choice striker who has 23. The mood music would be very different than if you said it was Adam Idah.

• Like 3