Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Protest Saturday

You are trying to tell me that the morgue atmosphere is created by the Worthington outers deliberatly?!!!! Seriously?I think you will find its more of a reaction incase someone says something that incites a fracka within the ground.

I don''t know but when you find out could you let the rest of us know. [:D]

[quote user="chicken"]You are trying to tell me that the morgue atmosphere is created by the Worthington outers deliberatly?!!!! Seriously?

I think you will find its more of a reaction incase someone says something that incites a fracka within the ground.
[/quote]

Well the outers made a good cry of HOOF!!! every time we lumped it forwards and not much other noise until we went 2-1 up!!  And I dont see too many outers being bothered to sing at the moment, I certainly do not and Im a pretty vocal guy normally.

chicken wrote

You are trying to tell me that the morgue atmosphere is created by the Worthington outers deliberatly?!!!! Seriously?

I think you will find its more of a reaction incase someone says something that incites a fracka within the ground.

It''s fracas you jacka

I rather suspect that Saturday''s - ahem - ''commentary'' from the crowd about the hoofball tactics had 10 times the effect on the board, manager and players than any of the pre-match protests have done. As unsettling as it might be to the players, it''s a far more ''in-your-face'' method of making the point. I wouldn''t want to see or hear it if we were in with a chance of actually achieving something this year, but now there''s nothing left to play for it''llbe interesting to see if it happens again.

[quote user="chicken"]You are trying to tell me that the morgue atmosphere is created by the Worthington outers deliberatly?!!!! Seriously?I think you will find its more of a reaction incase someone says something that incites a fracka within the ground.[/quote]I am putting up a wall of silence during the games and have been for the 2 or 3 home games, excluding sheff utd. Normally very vocal but not now. If worthy goes i''ll start to sing again.I am not the only one most people around me are very vocal but they to are putting up a wall of silence.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]because people realise the protest wont work....  The Morgue like atmosphere in the ground however may........[/quote]

or just constantly singing Worthy Out for the whole game........

Very good idea chaps, now not only do I get to watch particularly inept long-ball performances with the occasional glimpse of pass and move football to tease me about what could have been, I get to watch games I pay £30 quid to go and watch them with a bunch of people who don''t want to be there.  I''m not sure why you pay to watch games if all you''re going to do for 90 minutes is sit there making mental notes so you can moan later, or try to get at the team by chanting/shouting.

I had this particular discussion with a guy at Leeds away, in the first half it wasn''t particularly fun to watch so I went to the bar in the bowels of the stand for a couple of pints to cheer myself up.  At half time the guy comes down and starts chanting "Worthy Out" as did a number of people in the stand during the first half.  I said to him that during the game is neither the time nor the place for these "points", however valid, to be made, the time is after the game.  You''ve paid your money to support the club so support, leave this destructive chanting till after the game.

My personal view on this, is that if nobody comes short for Green (Drury or Fleming should) then he has no choice, sometimes a quick throw can very quickly turn round and hit you in the face.

NOBODY WINS WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR OWN TEAM!

OTBC!

Chunky

[quote user="Chunky Chris Plant"]

Very good idea chaps, now not only do I get to watch particularly inept long-ball performances with the occasional glimpse of pass and move football to tease me about what could have been, I get to watch games I pay £30 quid to go and watch them with a bunch of people who don''t want to be there.  I''m not sure why you pay to watch games if all you''re going to do for 90 minutes is sit there making mental notes so you can moan later, or try to get at the team by chanting/shouting.

I had this particular discussion with a guy at Leeds away, in the first half it wasn''t particularly fun to watch so I went to the bar in the bowels of the stand for a couple of pints to cheer myself up.  At half time the guy comes down and starts chanting "Worthy Out" as did a number of people in the stand during the first half.  I said to him that during the game is neither the time nor the place for these "points", however valid, to be made, the time is after the game.  You''ve paid your money to support the club so support, leave this destructive chanting till after the game.

My personal view on this, is that if nobody comes short for Green (Drury or Fleming should) then he has no choice, sometimes a quick throw can very quickly turn round and hit you in the face.

NOBODY WINS WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR OWN TEAM!

OTBC!

Chunky

[/quote]

already paid for it 12 months ago my friend.....  If they wont listen to us outside the ground a wall of silence is the only non antagonising way to get the message across inside it..

It IS working so the wall of silence continues - especially considering the silent majority seem VERY SILENT!! 

I don''t agree that it is a "Wall of Silence" by Worthy outers, all the games I''ve had the honour of attending this season (especially away games) its more of an air of nervousness and expectation.  Even as far back as Crewe there was none of the singing/chanting/general enjoyment that a Norwich game usually enjoys, nobody could spare the air to sing until we were winning.

I don''t think the "wall of silence" approach will do us any favours, it simply removes one of the main advantages we enjoy at home, and frustrates players.  A frustrated, unhappy player is more likely to leave the club, and the players most likely to get frustrated are those ones which give it their all.

If the (usually vocal) Worthy outers are so desperate that they''re resorting to silence, you''d be better spending your money on a packet of prawn sandwiches and a ticket to Man U.  I shall continue to chant because as much as Worthy is to blame, I want my team to win, and I don''t pay money to sit there in silence.

Chunky

OTBC!