RobJames

Jonathan Rowe - positive

As a team, though, we've looked better without him. I know if you compare Rowe and Fassnacht as players in the abstract, there's no contest. But that right-hand side has looked very good recently, with Stacey really shining, and part of the reason for that is probably the quiet work that Fassnacht does and which Rowe doesn't do.

Also he's made it clear that he wants out. Now, that can work both ways, and if we think his touch of genius will make the difference in the play-off games, we play him and then cash in, just as he'll use us to get the step up he wants. But he shouldn't automatically waltz back into the team when he's fit again just because he's Rowe. IMO, he's nowhere near as important to us as Sargent or Sara, or even Gunn. The team overall must come first.

30 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

As a team, though, we've looked better without him. I know if you compare Rowe and Fassnacht as players in the abstract, there's no contest. But that right-hand side has looked very good recently, with Stacey really shining, and part of the reason for that is probably the quiet work that Fassnacht does and which Rowe doesn't do.

Also he's made it clear that he wants out. Now, that can work both ways, and if we think his touch of genius will make the difference in the play-off games, we play him and then cash in, just as he'll use us to get the step up he wants. But he shouldn't automatically waltz back into the team when he's fit again just because he's Rowe. IMO, he's nowhere near as important to us as Sargent or Sara, or even Gunn. The team overall must come first.

You do know Fassnacht hasn’t been starting and only off the bench as he was before? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC_NCFC said:

You do know Fassnacht hasn’t been starting and only off the bench as he was before? 

He started against Boro, Sunderland, Blackburn, QPR, and was then substituted. Came on at about 60 against Stoke, Rotherham, Cardiff, Watford.

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Where has he  made it clear he wants out?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Yes. It's almost a given on this forum that he is being agent driven in a desire to go for big money to a bigger club and that the financial restraints upon our club will make this a necessity. I've seen nothing of the sort. Maybe I've missed something, as he has yet to sign his contract, I believe. But there are others in this boat too, and Ben Knapper has said the issues are to be addressed, perhaps sooner rather than later now.  

I think that it may be a season too soon for him as he's hardly out of his nappies in his City career and his recent injury record won't have helped.

I'm more concerned about Sargent. He's a striker, but of course Rowe has goal in him too, so who knows?

Edited by BroadstairsR

It's a decent interview but as much about the player than it is about NCFC.

Regardless whether you feel we are better or worse with JR in the starting line-up, if we are to go deep into the play-offs we will need him back.

Clearly he is ambitious and you have to doubt he will be here next season. With his relative lack of experience and pretty dodgy injury record I'm not sure he will command the fee some are hoping for, especially with FFP haunting a few clubs now. 

I just wish for his and our sakes he signs a new contract here. I'm not convinced he's ready physically for the EPL yet, he hasn't completed a full season yet.

3 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

His agent openly said before the last transfer window, if he is not playing for a team in the EPL this window, he will be in the summer window. 

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

and that the financial restraints upon our club will make this a necessity.

Utter nonsense.

The club runs up debts as they can sell Sargeant in the summer 2023. Might the same happen with Rowe, given his recent injury record ? Players leave because they have a better offer. Do you think -that OMO was not involved in his move to Forest or he get a text after the sale ?

The transfer market is NOT cash converters. All ofour recent departures have been to a 'bigger' club ie PL. They would have been tapped up long before the move, rather than us finding we in 'financial' trouble and having to scrabble around to flog a player.  Lord help you if you run a business.

The only recent departure to a non PL club was Mumba, who clearly wanted away, Home Park.  Idah has joined Celtic as he wanted away. Much as the tantrum ridden Cantwell. Players and their agents call the shots. When a player is off they go, all we can do is get the best deal possible. The idea of us being able to sell players when they do not want to go, so as to 'balance the books' is fairyland stuff.

If an offer is put to Sara from a PL club or the Spanish league looking to treble his wages what should we do ?  This happens all the time, irrespective of the financial state of any club. Much as with the 'flying under the radar' guff. Almost every player from age six is being monitored. Thats how we got Rowe. How we got Sainz, Sara, Nunez, Reyes and any number of youths from other UK clubs. Were the latter sold to 'balance the books' (Fisher), or were they offered a step up (Gibbs) by a club with an excellent pedigree of developing players. Would that pedigree exist if your thought held ?

• Like 1