Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Trabzonspor fans attack Fenerbahce players

Don't worry. It's Turkey. It will be sorted out in accordance with the laws of the games and the stadiums own rules. The culprits will be identified within 24 hrs, fines and bans issued and peace will prevail.

NOT!!!!

A couple of Fenerbahce players really go for the fans. Nice to see plenty of the classic 'running onto the pitch in flat-soled trainers' slips. Personally I think the Charity Shield should be played in trainers. That would be entertaining enough for me to actually watch it.

Fenerbahce are the Turkish Canaries aren't they. As I realised this a horrible thought went through my mind as to what might happen at Poorman Road in mid May when we beat them?

45 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Fenerbahce are the Turkish Canaries aren't they. As I realised this a horrible thought went through my mind as to what might happen at Poorman Road in mid May when we beat them?

Don't worry. Borja and Ashley will sort it

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I am struggling to see any of them fronting up our players. Duffy being on the pitch would probably ensure that😅

Posted (edited)

I watched this game (I lived in Turkey a long time ago and adopted Fener as my Turkish team due to the nickname - don't watch them much anymore but was at a loose end yesterday).

There was a big flashpoint in the 98th minute resulting in a mini brawl amongst the players, but the game was pretty bad termpered all the way through and Trabzon fans were throwing stuff every time a Fener player was within range.

Turkish football is crazy, especially the Fener Gala derby. This one was one of my favourites as bat**** games go - 3 sent off AFTER full time whistle and Jailson running for his life as the entire Galatasaray squad tried to batter him. Video of the chase is here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7648121/roberto-soldado-galatasaray-fenerbahce-fight-video/ - Just needs the Benny Hill music.

image.png.0efa242f225509d92aec42244f259662.png

Edited by kick it off

33 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I watched this game (I lived in Turkey a long time ago and adopted Fener as my Turkish team due to the nickname - don't watch them much anymore but was at a loose end yesterday).

There was a big flashpoint in the 98th minute resulting in a mini brawl amongst the players, but the game was pretty bad termpered all the way through and Trabzon fans were throwing stuff every time a Fener player was within range.

Turkish football is crazy, especially the Fener Gala derby. This one was one of my favourites as bat**** games go - 3 sent off AFTER full time whistle and Jailson running for his life as the entire Galatasaray squad tried to batter him. Video of the chase is here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7648121/roberto-soldado-galatasaray-fenerbahce-fight-video/ - Just needs the Benny Hill music.

image.png.0efa242f225509d92aec42244f259662.png

We have friends who used to live near Fenerbache’s ground, visited them twice, had hoped to see a game while we were there but both times their matches were being played without crowds due to previous trouble. We did go for a meal in the restaurant that the team apparently eat in after matches though so it wasn’t all bad.