Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

"Wagners lost the dressing room.."

Could you possible get the dressing room back on side? I believe you can fall out with people and still have them inside in future in business life so I think you can in football too.Β 

It’s an easy thing to say that sounds like the speaker knows what they’re talking about when the reality is it’s just nonsense. Trotted out whenever a team is losing and any players look remotely unhappy and/or unengaged. The only people who know what’s going on in β€œthe dressing room” will be the squad and associated staff unless things become really bad.Β 

It’s like the two behind me at Stoke yesterday who persistedΒ in telling each other what had just happened in what was presumably an attempt at sounding like knowledgeable pundits but actually just made them sound like four year olds.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whatever happened to this rumour that was doing the rounds a few months back? πŸ˜‰

What rumour? For all the justifiable criticisms of Wagner's tactics it always seemed very clear the players were playing for him. The pile-on after Idah's late winner at Bristol City(?) proved it, if proof were needed.Β 

• Like 2

It was clear even in the bad spell the players were playing for him. They just weren't playing very well. He's always had the dressing room onside and when having a semi-fit squad we've arguably been the best team in the league. So glad Knapper didn't listen to the morons calling for him to go - that was the easy decision, not the right one.Β 

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

It was clear even in the bad spell the players were playing for him. They just weren't playing very well. He's always had the dressing room onside and when having a semi-fit squad we've arguably been the best team in the league. So glad Knapper didn't listen to the morons calling for him to go - that was the easy decision, not the right one.Β 

Unlike your McLean opinion, I couldn't have put this one better myself.πŸ˜ƒ

• Haha 1

Let’s just hope that all this ill will that was being thrown at the manager and certain players, will not mean players wanting out at the end of the season.Β 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whatever happened to this rumour that was doing the rounds a few months back? πŸ˜‰

Don't you know? It was probably you who posted it originally πŸ˜‰

Β 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2