9 hours ago, S_81 said:

I’ve said it all season - Wagner costs us too many points with his poor tactical decisions. He won’t get us promoted. I don’t even think into the play offs. I hope we get rid this summer. 

Just because you've repeated yourself time and time again doesn't make you correct.

Presumably you give Wagner credit for the many times his substitutions have won us matches this season? Or I suppose you see that as more evidence he gets the starting line up wrong?

For me the 3 changes to the starting line-up yesterday made us look much worse compared to that very impressive performance against Cardiff.

Play your strongest team, get into a commanding lead and then manage the game and player's fitness. He didn't do either yesterday, much the same against QPR.

Overall he's done an OK job, but we need better. Guess we'll just have to trust his judgement, even if we can't fully support it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

With the squad we have we should be much higher, when it's gone well it's been disguised how limited Wagner is, games like today highlight his lack of ability to have a plan B.

Of course it's not completely his fault as the players have to take responsibility, for the goal is was poor from Dimi to give away the corner, terrible position from Hanley and Sarge and then Kenny ducks away from the ball as it's heading towards goal. 

I don't know why he dropped McCallum,  I thought as an attacking fullback he was really good against Cardiff,  why would you change it against a similar team? Dimi hasn't shown anything to be ahead of him. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Badger said:

There are rather a lot of them both on here and Twitter. I'm not sure they are on a wind up, I suspect that they don't see the mutual incompatibility of their statements.

Some of that comes down to the mess the club is , confusion everywhere. I have left many individual games confused to whether it was good or bad. Coventry away was one , where our own fans started fighting. I had no idea whether to clap or boo, so just left. 

3 hours ago, BigFish said:

AS a fan I hope you are right @PurpleCanary, looks like it is possible, if not probable

Leaving aside my pretend arrogance, I was baffled by what seemed to be a consensus that we had a weak squad. By Championship stadards It has never looked that way to me. Decent cover in almost all positions, which is necessary for a 46-game season with multiple midweek fixtures. The irony is that posters complaining about Wagner's tombola selections were actually making the point that he had alternatives to choose from!

But what became apparent was that the one player we couldn't replace was Sargent (just as with Pukki), with neither Barnes (who also got injured) or Idah being up to the job, and that Sargent was indispensable to the way Wagner wanted us to play. Whether Wagner should or even could have adapted his tactics is a question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

Some of that comes down to the mess the club is , confusion everywhere. I have left many individual games confused to whether it was good or bad. Coventry away was one , where our own fans started fighting. I had no idea whether to clap or boo, so just left. 

Draw away at a team that made the playoffs the season before: logically a good result, surely? The trouble is that some have elevated expectations and seem to expect to win and play well every game - they just don't understand football.

I'm not defending some of the football we have seen in the last two or three years which has been pretty dire and I'm not a particular fan of either Delia or Webber (or Attenasio for that matter) but after watching us play for 50+ years I think that some of the reactions this season have been OTT.* Short of getting a multi-billionaire owner, happy to subsidise us tens of millions every year, we are always likely to have ups and downs - and we probably would still have even if we got said owner - look at Stoke.

* Although, TBH, I'd had enough of Wagner by the end of November, but he seems like he might have turned it round. 

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Just because you've repeated yourself time and time again doesn't make you correct.

Presumably you give Wagner credit for the many times his substitutions have won us matches this season? Or I suppose you see that as more evidence he gets the starting line up wrong?

Nor are you right. Or wrong. Yet. We’ll see end of season.