Sign in to follow this  
Big Ginge

Dean Ashtons True Colours

Anyone hear Ashton on Radio 1 this morning?

Quote "I’ve not seen support like it for a long long time and it’s fantastic to be playing for a team with such great fans".

Says a lot about the player don''t you think? He was only ever here for the money, never looked interested and is no great loss. Whilst he may be talented I want to see players who actually give a damn.

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

Quote "I’ve not seen support like it for a long long time and it’s fantastic to be playing for a team with such great fans".

Says a lot about the player don''t you think? He was only ever here for the money, never looked interested and is no great loss. Whilst he may be talented I want to see players who actually give a damn.

[/quote]

Sounds like a standard player''s comment to me mate...

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

[/quote]

And to think for much of last season the hammers fans booed their team and wanted Pardew out. Wait until things go wrong Dean then you will see how great the West Ham fans are.

I didn''t hear him say that. Like you say he never really wanted to be here, his heart was with Crewe but he was here for Premiership football. When we got relegated he didn''t really give a dam!!

Do you sit in the Barclay BTW ''Big Ginge''

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

[/quote]

I know how you feel, all ashton was at us for was to put himself in the shop window in full view for the premiership clubs! I wonder if he ever wanted to be hear. The only reason i am happy he was here for is for the profit we made on him in such a little time!

I had the misfortune of having to take relatives to see West Ham on Saturday - albeit a weakened team - but the fans weren''t exactly happy and positive about their side.  When Portsmouth went 4-1 up I tell you about 33% of the crowd left even though there were still something like 15 minutes to play.  I''ve never seen anything like it in any ground I''ve attended.

Interestingly too I heard several Hammers fans slating Ashton - "not bothered he''s not playing today, he''s c**p anyway" etc.  I wonder if they feel the same today?

Just goes to show how fickle fans are though.  Like you said I bet they are singing his praises today.

Its a standard quote but totally agree about the West Ham fans.

They''re as fickle as they come , perhaps only Spurs can rival them for it...

to be fair he has redited norwich for taking a chance on him

"I''ve never doubted my ability," he stressed. "I''ve always thought I was good enough.

"It''s just a case of trying to improve as I was younger, and someone taking a chance on me.

"Norwich did that and now West Ham have done that and, obviously, I''m very grateful for that."

-Adam