Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Latest osp minutes.......

18 minutes ago, Ernie Wise said:

The SCG (supporters consultative group) was encouraged to raise issues and criticisms of the club, which were discussed at group meetings. So is the OSP’s role different or merely a talking shop with no teeth?

Exactly. At Cambridge United  there is a circulation pre-meeting to ask supporters if there are issues they want to raise. Clearly it is about supporters in general rather than specific grievances then again it should still ensure that the latter is catered for. A review of the Grievance procedure wouldn't go amiss based on my experience as the Ombudsman process states that Clubs should have a clear escalation process regarding an individual dispute which NCFC doesn't appear to have. Owners themselves have been involved in issues at other Clubs. Clearly there are issues impacting 1 or a handful of individuals such as an owner of 1,000 shares being additionally expected to pay these high season ticket prices, a circumstance that probably doesn't exist at any other Club.  As you rightly state NCFC operates the Great Wall of China approach.     

1 hour ago, Ernie Wise said:

The SCG (supporters consultative group) was encouraged to raise issues and criticisms of the club, which were discussed at group meetings. So is the OSP’s role different or merely a talking shop with no teeth?

I think you have the answer to that by reading these bland uninformative set of minutes.

Edited by TIL 1010

18 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you have the answer to that by reading these bland uninformative set of minutes.

Indeed. Delighted you agree.

The only word for it is 'pathetic'.

There is a section on the OSP page of the club website headed Working Group minutes and surprise, surprise the page is completely blank. Whatever sort of consultation is that where the fanbase can find out what is going on ?

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Anything about the taps? 

No mention of the concern expressed at the AGM either with regard to vegan pies.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

No mention of the concern expressed at the AGM either with regard to vegan pies.

It could be in Zoe's pending tray for a while. Perhaps follow up at this year's AGM.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

It could be in Zoe's pending tray for a while. Perhaps follow up at this year's AGM.

Are you looking for her to still be here in November ?

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Its behind your email! give her a chance! 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Its behind your emails! give her a chance! 

Fixed it for you Greavsy.

Fixed it for you Greavsy.

I did type that first - but amended it! 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Its behind your email! give her a chance! 

If she has a pie sample in the tray, it could be best to deal with that first.

16 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Anything about the taps? 

I think you'll find the taps have been replaced, and I'm happy that my ever lasting legacy will be push taps in the toilets below Block K in the South Stand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I think you'll find the taps have been replaced, and I'm happy that my ever lasting legacy will be push taps in the toilets below Block K in the South Stand.

Well done! We weren't looking for gold plate though just consistently moderately hot water would have sufficed.

Supposed to be a quarterly meeting yet 3 months has passed and no sign of any supporter feed mechanism into a meeting that should happen or have happened this month.

To pick up from the last meeting NCFC now have a lowest Adult Season Ticket price 43% higher than Ipswich despite being in a lower Division.

Item 4 last time -  the projection of Women's Football has also been poor for the forthcoming International match. As for NCFC matches the decision to charge Men's Season Ticket holders for Ladies football when a Club such as Cambridge United is including it is also reflective of NCFC's position.

Re Item 5 let's hope we do get a full report on Membership including the radical difference between us and the other 3 play off Clubs in relation to the Away Membership scheme and some positive proposals to resolve going forward.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

Supposed to be a quarterly meeting yet 3 months has passed and no sign of any supporter feed mechanism into a meeting that should happen or have happened this month.

To pick up from the last meeting NCFC now have a lowest Adult Season Ticket price 43% higher than Ipswich despite being in a lower Division.

Item 4 last time -  the projection of Women's Football has also been poor for the forthcoming International match. As for NCFC matches the decision to charge Men's Season Ticket holders for Ladies football when a Club such as Cambridge United is including it is also reflective of NCFC's position.

Re Item 5 let's hope we do get a full report on Membership including the radical difference between us and the other 3 play off Clubs in relation to the Away Membership scheme and some positive proposals to resolve going forward.

Maybe the end of the season has something to do with that? 

why not email the club to ask, instead of incessantly moaning about them. 

Yes they get things wrong, they admit that, but on a bike, can you give it a rest please. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Oh go away man! You've been told before, this group isn't there to be your personal carraige for your vitriolic vendetta.

If Cambridge are so much better go support them.

Ipswich are not yet a league above us. And even so, their supply and demand may well be different. It may well be that if they put their prices up they'd lose money. That's not happened to us. Hull is in a completely different part of the country and likely operating with fans of a dufferent socio-economic background to those in Norwich.

Perhaps the free season ticjets like yours are the reason everyone elses are more expensive. Btw, no one is fooled by this.

Please just stop bashing the club and anyone that dares stand to be voted as part of fan groups like this just because they won't carry the banner of a very personal vendetta for you.

• Like 6

On 24/05/2024 at 13:47, essex canary said:

Meeting postponed until June. Amazing what you can find on the internet.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Meeting postponed until June. Amazing what you can find on the internet.

Well done on the navigation. Pity they didn't postpone the schemes until July.

35 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Well done on the navigation. Pity they didn't postpone the schemes until July.

Are you ever satisfied?!

Are you ever satisfied?!

I also understand this will be the last meeting of several members as their 2 year stint is up. Time for somebody to put up or STFU, what an asset he would be as a fans representative LOL ! Meetings would last until daybreak with a self serving agenda.

Are you ever satisfied?!

Perhaps given the size of the Agenda the Club will put up the Panel Members for a night in the Hotel this time round?

In addition to @TIL 1010 s postings of today regarding season tickets and away matches they need to pick up the Women's Football issue raised last time by the Panel but which fell victim to the Club's tone deafness.

The other big issue that is promised is the membership review. Given that the Club has, unlike other Clubs, 4 different levels of membership- shareholder, ST holder, Home and Away - that is likely to take a while.

I also understand this will be the last meeting of several members as their 2 year stint is up. Time for somebody to put up or STFU, what an asset he would be as a fans representative LOL ! Meetings would last until daybreak with a self serving agenda.

Im sure its not that long Tilly as that would mean 4 years since it was set up. 

If I remember rightly some stayed on after 2 years for an extra year, so that would make 3 years which seems about right. 

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps given the size of the Agenda the Club will put up the Panel Members for a night in the Hotel this time round?

In addition to @TIL 1010 s postings of today regarding season tickets and away matches they need to pick up the Women's Football issue raised last time by the Panel but which fell victim to the Club's tone deafness.

The other big issue that is promised is the membership review. Given that the Club has, unlike other Clubs, 4 different levels of membership- shareholder, ST holder, Home and Away - that is likely to take a while.

On a bike - really? 

have you seen the agenda already? 

Im guessing, following on from @TIL 1010 previous post some elections are to had first. No not that one! 

Would you stand ? You seem ideal as being very vocal!  

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Thanks for that as i cannot recall you mentioning those subjects once before,a hundred times yes but once no.

Oh and maybe you could provide a link to where a membership review was ' promised ' ?

21 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

On a bike - really? 

Im guessing, following on from @TIL 1010 previous post some elections are to had first. No not that one! 

Are you serious? If Essex stood how would normal fans be able to veto this. This man represents himself and nobody else. Why should the decisions of the club be in any way influenced by a self-serving egotistical individual?

On a bike - really? 

I am having to guess the Agenda because presumably no one has seen it. It ought to be in draft format with an interactive facility for supporters to feed in through the Club website prior to the meeting. I can name at least 1 other club that operates like that.

Changing the Group Membership over frequently denies continuity that may not be entirely helpful which I think is an issue the Group appeared to have rightly stood up for albeit that it does need a refreshment logic.

I would be quite happy to stand if such sensible principles were adopted and - believe it or not - if I could say things once and once only and be listened to and to receive - win, lose or draw - a fully comprehensive response.