cambridgeshire canary

Josh Sargent injured and a "late call" if he makes the match

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No, but there WAS booing when we were winning 2-1. Go figure.

It was frustration. Wagner did the same thing that lost 2 points just a couple of days earlier, and it was obvious it would cost us the lead again. Which it did. 

The difference of course, we managed to nick a goal against the run of play, and better later subs helped score a 4th and win the game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So not all that injured then... Boo! 

37 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

It was frustration. Wagner did the same thing that lost 2 points just a couple of days earlier, and it was obvious it would cost us the lead again. Which it did. 

The difference of course, we managed to nick a goal against the run of play, and better later subs helped score a 4th and win the game.

Good grief - stop trying to rewrite history. The third goal was scored by Sara who was moved forward as part of the tactical changes after the substitution that was booed. The 4th goal was scored by Fassnacht who was one of the substitutes booed as he came onto the pitch. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Good grief - stop trying to rewrite history. The third goal was scored by Sara who was moved forward as part of the tactical changes after the substitution that was booed. The 4th goal was scored by Fassnacht who was one of the substitutes booed as he came onto the pitch. 

But we conceded after the substitution, before Sara scored?

• Like 1

Good job Sarge was just about available and just about fit give or take today

oooooh it was a close old call but he made it in the nick of time ooooooooooooh what a tight squeeze that was! 

On 15/02/2024 at 18:05, Petriix said:

That kind of hyperbole isn't constructive. People have entirely reasonable concerns...

And yet you've admitted you make assumptions and do not have information relevant to why decisions are being made until after they have been made.

Equally, there is a distinct lack of global picture making and system patterns in terms of the cycle of games.

For example a very generic overview is that Wagner came in after Smith who was seen to be very negative. He picked players left out in the cold a bit, with a squad that was essentially drifting apart.

He instantly gave us more attacking foot all and wins with multiple goals. We then started to see injuries to players that were key to his style/philosophy.

Hanley, Gibson, McLean, Dowell et al, from an already thin squad left us with a very inexperienced side and arguably without a team capable of delivering Wagners primary strategy. 

This season has been similar, Barnes, Sargent, Rowe, Duffy, Hanley, Gunn, Gibson, Stacey all spending time out injured/sick and without being able to afford greater quality of depth.

When we play well, it's normally with more of those genuine first choice players and you can see a more consistent approach and style to play.

Nay sayers will suggest it's those players masking head coach ineptitude. In truth that's a very poor and flawed argument. Most clubs at this level will struggle to cope without key players, a good number in the Premier league do too.

What is also worth remembering is that Wagner took over in January, the summer signings were likely mostly already lined up. Not to mention tightening of the purse strings being limiting.

Some perspective, I feel, tends to be missing from views that are just far too simplistic and based upon little real information other than some distant upper stand football manager/fifa esque veneer deep concept.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

But we conceded after the substitution, before Sara scored?

So? And?  Time doesn't stop at just the moment necessary to prove your agenda does it?

Fans booed substitutions when we were 2-1 up. Fact!

We were 1 goal ahead when the substitutions were made and ended up winning by 2 goals. Fact!

31 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

So? And?  Time doesn't stop at just the moment necessary to prove your agenda does it?

Fans booed substitutions when we were 2-1 up. Fact!

We were 1 goal ahead when the substitutions were made and ended up winning by 2 goals. Fact!

So… I’m providing the simple reason as to why  fans boo’d the subs whilst it was 2-1.

Again, the fans boo’d at that point because it seemed almost certain the changes would result in an equaliser, as it did just 3 days earlier.  And so it did.. so in a way the boos were justified.

Fortunately, Sara scored a third. By design you’ll argue, fine. But I’m pretty sure the changes were made by Wagner to try and stop Watford scoring. 

Either way, we won and therefore credit to Wagner. I just think there’s a lot of over analytical nonsense in here!

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

So… I’m providing the simple reason as to why  fans boo’d the subs whilst it was 2-1.

Again, the fans boo’d at that point because it seemed almost certain the changes would result in an equaliser, as it did just 3 days earlier.  And so it did.. so in a way the boos were justified.

Fortunately, Sara scored a third. By design you’ll argue, fine. But I’m pretty sure the changes were made by Wagner to try and stop Watford scoring. 

I'm pretty sure the changes were made by Wagner to try and win the game, but hey ho.......................

Meanwhile Nunez is becoming the busy little player all teams need. Who then makes way for Rowe, if and when?

Onel, I suppose, but he has been great of late.

• Like 1

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'm pretty sure the changes were made by Wagner to try and win the game, but hey ho.......................

Yes agreed.. but very much hold onto what we’ve got thought process from Wagner.