Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Really good piece by Puntino

In terms of stopping the negativity, there is a lot to be positive about so I think a piece from Knapper... value all the fans, need them to create a good atmosphere, lets get the season done and see what we can do better... a lot better than stay at home! 

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

But we all know that owners and managers who criticise the clubs fans are in the last chance saloon. Wagner's only chance of keeping his job is to get promotion, and even then he might be moved on.

'We all know...'.

Sorry, but he's improving our position and the players back him. Why should he have to pander to abusive arrogant unthinking idiots having hissy fits. Who knows? Maybe he doesn't care if he gets sacked? Maybe nobody worth their salt would want the job after the way he and Smith have been treated by some fans.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Throw in the latest rumour about Cuesta and I don't think you'll see Knapper going public for a while. How the hell the club manages relations between Knapper and Wagner for while I've no idea. Then they have to manage a reconciliation with the fans who are desperately keen to see the rumour happen.

Hmmm, is the timing of the Guardian article driven by a binner fan?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Hmmm, is the timing of the Guardian article driven by a binner fan?

The author of this piece in the Guardian, if that's the one you meant, is a Palace fan. But they do have a binner on the staff. Paul MacInnes? NO! HE'S A WONDERFUL NORWICH FAN: SORRY PAUL. I've made it clear to them that I won't subscribe until he's fired.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
Purple tells me I've horribly slandered MacInnes here. I humbly apologise.
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The author of this piece in the Guardian, if that's the one you meant, is a Palace fan. But they do have a binner on the staff. Paul MacInnes? I've made it clear to them that I won't subscribe until he's fired.

Bit harsh on MacInnes, given that he is a Norwich City supporter…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Bit harsh on MacInnes, given that he is a Norwich City supporter…

Haha, whoops. Who am I thinking of?

On 14/02/2024 at 18:31, RobJames said:

Shut up, you tedious little troll !

Learn to debate matters without throwing insults around. Your continual aggression on here should see you reported. You have a real problem with the opinions of others. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Haha, whoops. Who am I thinking of?

Don't know but you are in danger of getting writs for libel from all but one of the hundreds of journalists who work for The Guardian...😍

I am always a bit puzzled by the talk of disconnect maybe it’s cause I am exiled fan. What constantly occurs to me is that since someone threw a season ticket at Bryan Gunn against Colchester it has been a mad rollercoaster to be a Norwich fan starting with Relegation to league One, promotion to the championship, promotion to the premier league, staying up in the premier league, relegation, promotion, relegation, championship campaign, championship campaign, promotion, relegation, promotion, relegation, championship campaign and now this season. So 10 seasons out of the last 14 have ended in massive success or massive failure. It is social media brought to life. I feel it’s natural for all parties connected or disconnected with the club to be a bit frazzled by that and I think the disconnect is a result of a complete lack of routine or stability. Which has led to some really strange contradictions in that I feel most fans don’t want promotion but at the same time don’t want to be a mid table championship team.  Following Smith we wanted a manager to play exciting attacking football yet Wagner gets pillared for not having a plan b. 

The club can do more on an engagement basis maybe go and get Ben Kendall back but a five year stint of championship mid table existence might make fans more excited about a play off run when it finally happens.

Edited by Ulfotto