Sign in to follow this  
norwich canary

Connor Southwell video last night

Really thought he hit the nail on the head

was interesting watching him having to choose his words very carefully to describe the situation . I assume this was the case so another Webber naughty step situation doesn’t arise but it does show the difficulties in supporting and reporting on the club when the Leaders of the club are so thin skinned 

Delia out 

Edited by norwich canary

Connor deserves a lot of respect for how he's tried to cover this season objectively and with as much balance as possible.

To be honest, the club would be better off paying attention to what he (and other journalists) say, because they seem to be much too confident in their own collective judgement.

These are people whose lives basically revolve around the club, they watch every minute of every game. The way Webber reacted to the apparent criticism just goes to show what a fragile ego that man has.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, daniel_grieff said:

Connor deserves a lot of respect for how he's tried to cover this season objectively and with as much balance as possible.

To be honest, the club would be better off paying attention to what he (and other journalists) say, because they seem to be much too confident in their own collective judgement.

These are people whose lives basically revolve around the club, they watch every minute of every game. The way Webber reacted to the apparent criticism just goes to show what a fragile ego that man has.

Couldn’t agree more 

Personally I don't think it needed to dominate the match report so much, I think that was through choice more than necessity.  But they've been directly involved in the split or disconnect as it's referred to, and Connor was somewhat belittled by Delia in the recent interview they had so there is a dog in this fight somewhere.

As I see it, local media are simply doing their job and acting on behalf of the supporters.  Connor's summary was well done and neutral, and he's very switched on when it comes to analysing many aspects of the club.

However, in regards to where it ends,  it's my feeling that If we make it into the top six and get to Wembley and on win it, the feel good factor and backing will return.   But then the negativity will likely return back in the prem league due to how unfairly balanced it is.

If we fail to get promoted it'll be a complete rebuild as the likes of Rowe, Sarge and Sara will likely all be gone, as is likely Wagner also.

I think at that point Attanasio has to become a more prominent figure for the sake of his own investment into this club as there will never be such an opportunity to build from a somewhat low position of morale.  It's a perfect opportunity to hit the reset button and begin a new era based on a multi-year plan.

The period between now and end of season could get spicy though, I think it's good to have these things out in the open and being met head on, as it only lingers otherwise.

Judging by people's comments, I think a good performance and 3 pts vs Cardiff would see the vast majority onboard and backing this team.   Some are going to find it very hard to get over the 'go home' comments though.

• Like 1

Exciting times!

Attanasio, what are your thoughts?

We're not going to get it, but we need clarity over where we are heading in terms of ownership. Allow this to fester another 2 years and he might be taking control of an absolute ****show.

When it comes to the disconnect, I feel a little disconnected.

If some of you could explain to me what you mean by this disconnect I'd appreciate that. Not being disingenuous, I just don't really understand why or what makes it such a decisive issue.

My current impression is that it seems to be a question of whether or not we are currently successful. And we aren't particularly successful, so there is a disconnect.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

If some of you could explain to me what you mean by this disconnect I'd appreciate that. Not being disingenuous, I just don't really understand why or what makes it such a decisive issue.

My current impression is that it seems to be a question of whether or not we are currently successful. And we aren't particularly successful, so there is a disconnect.

Pretty much.  Imo as with every organisation there’ll be stuff behind the scenes that’s always been there/going on,  but largely ignored or forgotten unless/until we’re going badly and then it all gets a light shone on it.  It all dies back again if/when we are going well.

Re the journalists, they have definitely been flip flopping with the popular breeze.  I remain astonished at the horrendous match “report” vs Hull (ie we relied wholly on luck), but it feels they are now being more down the line - which is as it should be.

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

The recent disconnect is similar to a man asking his depressed wife to cheer up, and her response is that she can't, to which he says that his friends wife is always happy.

22 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Well, I think it has something to do with the approach that Webber took, roundabout (but not exactly at) the time he decided to sack Farke:

• The abandoning of the 'model' that got the club promoted twice, appointment of a coach that didnt seem to fit the remit.
  • Sticking with the coach even though the fans had turned against him ages ago and results were bad.
  • "divorcees in the snakepit" / ain't no mountain high enough, etc.
  • Appointing his mate as the new manager, who then presides over a run that's just as bad as anything his predecessor served up
  • The club parachute in a replacement for Webber earlier than expected, because the stadium atmosphere has turned toxic and Webber won't sack his old mate.
  • Successor refuses to take any action over erratic head coach, "needs time".
  • "20%"
  • Dissenters get told to stay at home
  • Season ticket prices increase

To be honest, there's probably even more than that, and certainly more detail than I could write.

I'm a bit surprised you haven't noticed this yourself, but you said you were asking genuinely, so I've taken the time to outline why I think people feel this way.

• Like 3

A few contributors on here said they phoned the ticket office with queries about the season ticket renewals, and the staff there said effectively, "what season ticket renewals"! If that isn't a disconnect between the operations of the club and its supporters I don't know what is!

The area of fan engagement and decent "bread and butter" servicing of football related transactions is the biggest disconnect at the club; the little attention given to it is what has driven some of the mistrust on the terraces. I've been concerned of how much this drives a wedge between the club and its supporters for a long while now - has it come to fruition now?

I do agree performances on the pitch not being up to expectations is an issue, fans have always wanted to have their say on such matters. It's the lack of reaction from any part of the Carra's and Colney's back corridors though that fuels these feelings. I'm not saying they should go large with their "full support for the manager" type statements, but it would be good to hear from them on things a bit more. Instead we get a few words in every home match programme from the lead administrator which continues to plug the single mantra that "we remain committed to getting promotion this season" without any nuance or recognition of just how difficult it is to achieve this or any reflection on recent performances. 

Forward, forward ....

On 14/02/2024 at 13:46, daniel_grieff said:

Connor deserves a prize for being able to use 418 words instead of 5… master of rabbiting!

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto