Sign in to follow this  

I must confess that I was not overly unhappy at last night’s result. Win and we were into the top six, draw and we were a point of the top six. Lose and Leeds are in smelling distance of the scum’s ar$e$. Come on Daniel, you can do it 😀

Personally would have thought NCFC fans would be more concerned about getting 3 points against Leeds rather than worrying if Ipswich make The Premiership

Would rather see Ipswich there than Farke’s Leeds

If they do good luck to them

Edited by daly

Think you can safely ignore pretty much anything a manager says about the opposition team. Pep often will praise a team and then go on to stuff them 5-0. I remember last season it felt like every week the opposition manager would come out and say we'd be right up there at the end of the year. They're saying these things to make themselves look better, not gain respect from opposing fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

I must confess that I was not overly unhappy at last night’s result. Win and we were into the top six, draw and we were a point of the top six. Lose and Leeds are in smelling distance of the scum’s ar$e$. Come on Daniel, you can do it 😀

I think that Leeds under Farke are the least likely to bottle the play offs out of them, Saints and Leicester, so for that reason I hope Leeds finish 3rd and Russ Martin takes automatic.

And 35000 Leeds fans doing the Farke celebration at the end of the final while Ipswich fans cry would be epic, can't stand Leeds fans but got to give them credit for how loud they can be.

6 minutes ago, repman said:

Think you can safely ignore pretty much anything a manager says about the opposition team. 

I think he's being honest. 

Deep down he'd love to get hold of Jonny Rowe and I bet Josh Sargent is still his type of striker despite his slow start in the Prem season, anticipate his bids if they seal promotion.

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I think he's being honest. 

Deep down he'd love to get hold of Jonny Rowe and I bet Josh Sargent is still his type of striker despite his slow start in the Prem season, anticipate his bids if they seal promotion.

Oh I don't doubt he's being honest about our player quality but it's the stuff like 'hardest game of the season' I tend to think is fluff.

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I think that Leeds under Farke are the least likely to bottle the play offs out of them

Leeds have a horrendous history in the playoffs though, I think there's a lot of pressure due to their fanbase and expectation of them to be prem league.  Even Wednesday night the crowd started to get anxious when we got on top for 15 mins, and towards the end of the game it was just constant time wasting which gave the impression there was some fear that we may nick something.

I think Farke's reaction to punching the air at the final whistle showed how relieved he was of the result, but I think that's less about beating us and more the importance of keeping within touching distance of top 2.   He knows that his domain and the best chance they have of getting up.

Farke's a great coach across the season because of the consistency he brings.  But the playoffs are something else entirely.  Whereby a more pragmatic/dynamic approach reactive to how the game is panning out, can yield success.  10 minutes can define a season, and if they find themselves at home and the nerves are up - it's caused them to buckle many times before.

In fact, I don't think they've ever been successful in the modern day playoffs have they?

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

Honestly pleased for Farke and happy that we gave them a really good game. Now we KNOW the standards we can reach and we should be expecting that every week from here on in