Lungi will get “some” minutes against Brizzle according to Wagner. Presumably because he’s rotating a few players, not because he thinks he needs Sorensen to go straight back into the match day squad, but I could be wrong. (It did happen once, think it was 1987.]

24 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Lungi will get “some” minutes against Brizzle according to Wagner. Presumably because he’s rotating a few players, not because he thinks he needs Sorensen to go straight back into the match day squad, but I could be wrong. (It did happen once, think it was 1987.]

Given Kenny's absence in the training video, I think he is definitely being rested. Lungi can play either CB or DCM so will slip straight into Kenny's shoes. 😉 

Sorensen is bang average - awful

his legend just grows in peoples minds

On 03/01/2024 at 20:35, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

So we are bashing Giannoulis for his goalscoring record because McCallum has scored 1 goal, then giving McCallum credit for an apparent ability to cross. 

Giannoulis has 3 assists this season, McCallum has 0. Giannoulis is by far the better crosser of the ball and that's more important for an attacking full back then their goalscoring record.

Personally I'd like to see us offer terms to both Giannoulis and McCallum and then hope that at least one of them signs, we have a lot of problems in our side to address in the summer without needing to sign two new left backs.

This is a very polarising debate. Personally I can't understand why many people prefer McCallum, not because I think he's poor, but because I think Dimi is quite clearly the better full back at the moment. IMO he has been among our top five performers so far this season, but I know many will laugh at me for saying that. 

I think we should be more concerned at the moment about the right back position, where Stacey has declined badly since his first dozen games (although he's still working hard, his crossing into the box has become much inferior to either Dimi or Sam) and Fisher looks extremely green. 

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

This is a very polarising debate. Personally I can't understand why many people prefer McCallum, not because I think he's poor, but because I think Dimi is quite clearly the better full back at the moment. IMO he has been among our top five performers so far this season, but I know many will laugh at me for saying that. 

I think we should be more concerned at the moment about the right back position, where Stacey has declined badly since his first dozen games (although he's still working hard, his crossing into the box has become much inferior to either Dimi or Sam) and Fisher looks extremely green. 

Stacey seems to have some stamina issues and perhaps needs more rotation, which Fisher isn't quite ready to facilitate. The Wolves right back on loan would make sense to me, he can compete with Stacey and Fisher can hopefully go out on loan to perhaps a lesser League One side and get some games under his belt.

5 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

I think age is a factor. McCallum is 23 so there is a belief he can still improve and if he does would also be a saleable asset in the future if needed.

Dimi is 28, likely won't change much as a player and his value is probably only decreasing over the next year or two.

5 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

They both have different qualities and it would be interesting in seeing the stats for each player, people tend to blame McCallum for being lazy getting back, yet the number of times Dimi gets done is far more and doesn’t stop many crosses, one thing I think McCallum is a better defender all round. But it’s all about options