Sign in to follow this  
Ulfotto

League One Best Player

6 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The amount of appearances Hernandez has made this season compared to Placheta is criminal. Apart from his mare at left back Placheta has been decent when played further forward.

Agreed, Placheta looked really promising and confident earlier in the season and looked to have developed better decision making and an eye for a goal.

No doubt will have had his confidence sapped back out now. Can't remember what game it was that he brought on Springett for Onel around the 60th minute when we had several other wide players on the bench, but that game was the point that I realised that this chap doesn't know what he is doing. Placheta should have come on at that point.

Edit: Was it Leeds at home in October? Think it was. That game made me lose faith in Wagner.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

Daniel Crowley at Notts County looks like he could easily make the step up from League 2 and wouldn’t cost much. 10 goals this season already.

Cashin from Derby would be a brilliant signing. Ball playing CB who is left footed. Heavily linked with Brighton already so would be a real coup if we got him.

On 29/12/2023 at 15:23, king canary said:

He's also 30. I'm not sure 30 year old league one journeymen are the type of players we've ever signed.

Be patient. We're getting there.

On 29/12/2023 at 23:32, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Agreed, Placheta looked really promising and confident earlier in the season and looked to have developed better decision making and an eye for a goal.

No doubt will have had his confidence sapped back out now. Can't remember what game it was that he brought on Springett for Onel around the 60th minute when we had several other wide players on the bench, but that game was the point that I realised that this chap doesn't know what he is doing. Placheta should have come on at that point.

Edit: Was it Leeds at home in October? Think it was. That game made me lose faith in Wagner.

TBH he did look a lot better earlier in the season in terms of his decision making etc. For me PP leaves in January alongside people like Hernadez. Time for a fresh start with a better quality of squad player needed.

On 29/12/2023 at 14:22, king canary said:

Cashin at Derby is highly rated, young central defender which we could do with.

Coventry were sniffing around for him in the summer and will be spending again this window. They’d be the better option too right now.