Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Rowe best position?

Clearly the manager wants him in a more central position. Why?

He has been effective playing out wide.

Salah, plays out wide and scores plenty of goal

I recall Henry at Arsenal made his name as  wide player, also scored plenty of goal.

Why change things when playing him effectively out wide is paying off so well?

Beats me!

As for leaving Adam on the bench……..

There were lots of calls on this forum for him to be played centrally earlier this season. I repeated time and time again that it made no sense to move our best attacking player into a different role when he was doing so well, and I think today proved it; he had far less of an impact than usual.

• Like 1

I prefer him on the wing. I'd like to see Fassnacht as a number 10; other than the very start of the season he's been cack out wide.

I don't think the experiment to play him centrally worked, at least not with Barnes.

He's the best of our wide options when he has clear objectives in attack and defence. He looked a bit lost today though. It was a good test but we're not short of central options with Sargent, Barnes, Hwang and Idah so keep Rowe out wide in place of Hernandez.

I feel Rowe had been shoehorned into the central attacking position, when he’s had his best performances on the wing. We are overloaded with wingers, whereas no-one has nailed down that CAM role. Will be interesting to see what Wagner goes with going forwards, with Hwang back and Sargent not too far off either.

44 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think the experiment to play him centrally worked, at least not with Barnes.

He's the best of our wide options when he has clear objectives in attack and defence. He looked a bit lost today though. It was a good test but we're not short of central options with Sargent, Barnes, Hwang and Idah so keep Rowe out wide in place of Hernandez.

Exactly what I thought. Happy with Wagner giving it a try, but with Hwang and Sargent both on the way back from injury and Idah having a great impact from the bench, I don't see any future in Rowe playing centrally.