Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Enough

Stop it. Just stop. So obvious our system doesn’t work. Inevitable Wednesday equaliser caused by our system which invites pressure and mistakes.  Body language of players after the goal is terrible. Why are us fans the only ones who see this?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Our system is working fine. We should be 3 or 4 goals to the good. The problem is the lack of quality in the final third. The recruitment is what's letting us down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nik Vawn said:

Very poor defensively as a team, but Gunny should have done a lot better for the goal 

He seems very relaxed and I blame a play out from the back mentality 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is why you don't make threads like this until the full time whistle

Kids or adult kids 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is why you don't make threads like this until the full time whistle

Disagree. Our goals were not really the result of the system. Did you see the stats. Shef Wed had 21 shots to our 12!

Despite a 3-1 win the apathy of the crowd says it all.

I stand by my OP. 

The whole point of the slow build up from the back is to bait the press and draw the opposition out of position. You'll lose the ball every now and again, but you'll get a lot more dangerous attacks out of it. 

There's a reason why pretty much every team in Europe, certainly in the top couple of tiers in the bigger countries, does this nowadays.

33 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Disagree. Our goals were not really the result of the system. Did you see the stats. Shef Wed had 21 shots to our 12!

I stand by my OP. 

It's not that bad a thing to post a totally premature OP and then stick by it and just balme the whole thing on the fans, probably.

44 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I stand by my OP. 

What about those sat at home. Are they so fed up they cannot even be bothered with apathy ?

51 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I stand by my OP. 

You realise the important stat in any game is goals scored, don’t you?  Per the stats we played Blackburn off the park a few weeks back: more possession (56% v 44%), more shots (21 v 10), more corners (8 v 2), more passes (505 v 413), yet I don’t think many would say we deserved to win.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The whole point of the slow build up from the back is to bait the press and draw the opposition out of position. You'll lose the ball every now and again, but you'll get a lot more dangerous attacks out of it. 

There's a reason why pretty much every team in Europe, certainly in the top couple of tiers in the bigger countries, does this nowadays.

Yes I totally get it the theory. Thing is, doesn’t work well for us does it, at least the way we are playing it?

21 hours ago, nu_matik said:

It's not that bad a thing to post a totally premature OP and then stick by it and just balme the whole thing on the fans, probably.

Ah sorry miscommunication. Apathy of the fans meaning everyone was thoroughly bored despite us winning 3-1 - that says it all about the style of play.

You misunderstood, I wasn’t blaming the fans (who do you think I am, Dean Smith?! <laughing emoji here…>)

21 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

You realise the important stat in any game is goals scored, don’t you?  Per the stats we played Blackburn off the park a few weeks back: more possession (56% v 44%), more shots (21 v 10), more corners (8 v 2), more passes (505 v 413), yet I don’t think many would say we deserved to win.

Ah thanks, no I wasn’t aware about the importance of goals scored, thanks.

You are right, the fact that 90% of people in the stadium were sleeping or checking their Facebook profile is entirely irrelevant.

Nor does the win paper over the cracks of an underperforming team.

Ok, sorry, sarcasm is the lowest form of whit. BUT I do stick by my OP. We seem determined to only play one way no matter that it results in more goals conceded and sends our fans to sleep. The fact we won is irrelevant. We were playing a bottom 3 side and still contrived to try and lose the game. Could have been 4-4 at half time.