king canary

Mick Dennis playing the hits...

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Vincie's a rum un though. I reckon we should ignore him, let him pal up with Komabino, If Essex says you're in then you're in :classic_ninja:

I feel part of the team now , and I promise to say Delia and Michael from now on. Maybe one day Delia will forgive me. 

• Like 1

I bet if any one of us were to take over ownership of a football club, within 28 months we would be heartily sick of more than 20% of the fan base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Foulger's gone. He got his own deal. Doubt we'll get the same offer but you never know. Attanasio might value a few legacy fans and keep us around with Delia and Michael. We can be curiosities for the Armchair Brigade. The camera can focus on a few of us if a streaker runs on...

Would be good if MA demonstrates rhat he values match going fans. He could then make shareholding the centrepiece of fan representation. The very thing that D&M, or at least their then Chairman,  said they wanted to do 25 years ago. Just that they haven't maintained it. If they had the likes of Mick Dennis would be on the shareholder list instead of defending them to shareholders. Therein lies the 64,000 dollar question.

6 hours ago, Corbs1 said:

I bet if any one of us were to take over ownership of a football club, within 28 months we would be heartily sick of more than 20% of the fan base. 

I'm already sick of 80% of ours 😉

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2023 at 20:54, Big Vince said:

Stowmarket is very close to Ipswich therefore she must be Ipswich. And I would not dismiss the 1978 thing so readily. If you were dyed in the wool yellow and green it would be anathema to wear blue and white. End of. 

Chill out! 

On 07/12/2023 at 10:19, hogesar said:

To be fair you claim to have been told Delia tried to invest in Ipswich so if there's anything you should take from all this, it's that you should stop listening to people who are quite clearly bulls*itting you on the basis they know you'll fall for it

I stumbled across this quote from Tales of The Top Flight regarding the Ipswich/Norwich derby. Although the site is a little tongue in cheek, the quote below would seem an odd thing to state in there was absolutely nothing in it. My source claimed it was when Sheepshanks was at the club, whereas others state it was when John Cobbold was there. As I believe she is an opportunist, I'm certainly keeping an open mind on it, especially as I've heard this from various Ipswich fans over the years. It could all be nothing of course, but...

Smith even tried to invest and become a shareholder at Ipswich Town in the 1980s but was given a short shrift by the club’s board."

https://www.talesfromthetopflight.com/2018/07/11/the-old-farm-derby-the-battle-for-east-anglian-supremacy/

Edited by komakino

15 minutes ago, komakino said:

I stumbled across this quote from Tales of The Top Flight regarding the Ipswich/Norwich derby. Although the site is a little tongue in cheek, the quote below would seem an odd thing to state in there was absolutely nothing in it. My source claimed it was when Sheepshanks was at the club, whereas others state it was when John Cobbold was there. As I believe she is an opportunist, I'm certainly keeping an open mind on it, especially as I've heard this from various Ipswich fans over the years. It could all be nothing of course, but...

Smith even tried to invest and become a shareholder at Ipswich Town in the 1980s but was given a short shrift by the club’s board."

https://www.talesfromthetopflight.com/2018/07/11/the-old-farm-derby-the-battle-for-east-anglian-supremacy/

The interesting thing in that article is where it states that Ipswich became champions of Europe in 1981! Since when was the UEFA Cup the premier European trophy? Shows how deluded the inbreds really are!