Sign in to follow this  
mastoola

Fair play to Adam

Came on today and changed the game.  Well done from your biggest critic. You know now where the bench mark is. Long may it continue!!!!!

Edited by mastoola
  • Like 3

I have no idea why he lost his place to Hwang and have even less of an idea why he didn’t come on last week.

• Like 3

It wasn't just that he scored the winner - it was this new-found conviction and aggression from the moment he came on.

I think he went straight down the tunnel after being replaced in the previous game he played. Did being subbed fire him up?

Whatever it was, as long as it was legal, it was great to see. Long may it continue.

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I just hope there isn't a contractual reason why Hwang has to play.

Surely they will have learned their lesson after Gilmour...... 

Last season when he came on at half time away at QPR, this same thing happened. He was giving their defenders a torrid time & his pace + strength was opening up spaces that weren't there before. He then scored (great!) and promptly disappeared for the rest of the game (not so great).

He's absolutely capable, he just needs to show this version of Adam Idah and less of the lost lamb version more consistently and we have a real player there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Last season when he came on at half time away at QPR, this same thing happened. He was giving their defenders a torrid time & his pace + strength was opening up spaces that weren't there before. He then scored (great!) and promptly disappeared for the rest of the game (not so great).

He's absolutely capable, he just needs to show this version of Adam Idah and less of the lost lamb version more consistently and we have a real player there.

I do agree that he needs to find more consistency but the problem is that we don't seem to give him the chance to work through it. He has a good showing, and then if his next performance isn't great he gets dropped for the next game. If you want him to grow you need to give him backing after both the good and bad.  I'd much rather give him the minutes than send Hwang out there.