5 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Maybe not, but maybe he does... after all he is an ex player, lives locally and is in the local and national media. There is a chance he knows a lot more than people on this forum. Are you dismissing speculation you don't like again Hog?

Be interested to see your reaction if someone claimed they'd heard Kenny is the player Knapper wants to build the team around - I'm guessing that would be treated as gospel as it suits your views?

Well no, because its pure speculation rather than information distributed from multiple sources on different sides and then post that information being made public a factual, evidenced occurrence happened which was a further improved contract for McLean.

If you can't see the difference between that and this then I'm afraid it's completely on you, and I can do nothing to help.

34 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well no, because its pure speculation rather than information distributed from multiple sources on different sides and then post that information being made public a factual, evidenced occurrence happened which was a further improved contract for McLean.

If you can't see the difference between that and this then I'm afraid it's completely on you, and I can do nothing to help.

Hmmm....

Thou shalt not dismiss speculation was one of the deadly sins I think.

'What if' is a great game to play! My turn...

What if in a few weeks we have a new board, a new sporting director, a new head coach and Kenny still gets picked.

33 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

'What if' is a great game to play! My turn...

What if in a few weeks we have a new board, a new sporting director, a new head coach and Kenny still gets picked.

He will. Because anyone and everyone you speak to who's actually involved in football rates him. Speak to any of our ex managers,  coaching staff. Ex players and current have even reference him without being prompted to.

Kenny McClean has been a stalwart in the City changing room on an equal to most others in the club's history.

He has never been either a main player in any of our seasons of success or a main culprit for any of our seasons of failure.

He is a Mr. Reliable and always there.

I'm inclined to think that this season should be his last at Carrow Road, not as a means of criticising the player but more because sometimes change for change's sake can become an appropriate action to take.

In with the new.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I still maintain that Kenny is a poor man's Howson. A reliable option that never really excels at anything. He doesn't score enough, assist enough, tackle enough or have a lot of positional sense. But left without the duty of shielding a back 4 he will put a shift in and generally be a 6 out of 10. Never outstanding and never the worst player on the pitch. 

To play at the level he plays at is incredibly difficult. No shame in being a solid top end champs midfielder. Just not quite good enough for what we need to push on. With the recruitment disasters we have had over the past 2 seasons he is actually way up the list of our top players. Maybe not the first name on the team sheet but I think if most of us were the manager we'd end up with him somewhere in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Hwang has not been terrible. With some half decent service he's a useful attacking option.

So far, I don't recall Hwang doing anything remarkable or noteworthy in any game I've seen. May as well have an empty shirt out there...

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

So far, I don't recall Hwang doing anything remarkable or noteworthy in any game I've seen. May as well have an empty shirt out there...

Well I can only reply that I have. Plus the goal he scored was very well taken. I do not believe that Idah would have scored that goal - & he's our only alternative presently.

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

Well I can only reply that I have. Plus the goal he scored was very well taken. I do not believe that Idah would have scored that goal - & he's our only alternative presently.

In fairness, I forgot Hwang scored a goal!