Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

When do we think the UK will get it's first "Islamic party"?

And by that I mean one that get's support in the mainstream and is made of thousands of supporters rather than just a few nutjobs of course. Beacause right now it seems many, many people in Labour are demanding Keir step down or resign or give up etc etc beacause he's refusing to call for a ceasefire in israel. (Even though it's pretty obvious neither side in the war want one and calling for a ceasefire would be like yelling at the rain for it to stop raining but we already have a thread for this subject so let's not over do it)

While of course some of those are your classic upper middle class white university types it's pretty clear that many muslims and majority islamic councils and small neighborhoods will never agree with Keir or any other Labour leader that shows even the slightest of support for israel.

Now as we know Islam is the fastest growing religion in the UK. At current rates muslims make up almost 7 percent of the UK. If and of course IF British muslims continue to breed and multiply at much faster rates than any other group (With white British having the lowest number of children across most of the UK of any group) it's pretty clear in decades to come that Muslims will increase and probably go from 7 percent, to 10 percent, to 15 and maybe 20 in decades to come. And should that happen..

Do we think at this point the UK will end up with Islamic polticial parties that get major suppport? After all hardly any British muslims are ever going to accept and want left wing values of LGBT rights and womens rights and will never accept any of those kinds of leftwing freedoms. So with that in mind

How many years away would you think that it will be before there is some kind of serious and well backed and supported "UK Islamic/muslim political party"? Beacause I do get the feeling that in coming years and decades it is rather inevitable given the cracks that are slowly emerging with Islamic views and modern 21st century British and European values.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Thankfully we don't really have a mainstream "Christian" party (despite the wassailings of some of the fringes of the Tories) so there's not a cat in hell's chance that an Islamic party will ever become mainstream, especially in our lifetimes.

Not to mention it would surely contravene any notion of keeping the state and religion separate. Such a party, regardless of Abrahamic religion, would be a very toxic development.

I wonder out of a sample of 100 of the UK electorate, how many would actually put the Israel/Palestine conflict in their "top 10" reasons for voting?

Answers on a postcard.

34 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Worried?

Suppose it's a worry for those who value modern 21st century values over those of rather backwards middle ages style religious values even more so given many both in this country and across Europe thought we had just started moving away from those kind of values.

Unless of course you yourself are a muslim and wish for better representation for yourself and your views which in that case it would probably be a good thing for you.

In a first past the post system a Muslim party would not do very well and would split the Labour vote. 

In a PR system it would be a different matter, and one could easily imagine the Labour Party making concessions to Sharia in return for support 

1 hour ago, TheRock said:

I wonder out of a sample of 100 of the UK electorate, how many would actually put the Israel/Palestine conflict in their "top 10" reasons for voting?

Answers on a postcard.

It is mad how much of a hold this particular conflict has over some in the UK. 

Labour are ahead by 20 in the polls but there was a Labour MP anonymously saying Starmer not calling for a ceasefire means he won't become PM which is just a mental view of what is most important to the electorate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRock said:

Answers on a postcard.

Ask Corbyn. Oooh, spicy 😉

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Shoite. You mean I dug that bunker and filled it with all that food because you were wrong?

I mean I can fess up and admit when I'm wrong I'm not exactly a fortune teller 😉

I do however get the feeling these kinds of people will just keep trying over and over (And probably throw in racism and Islamaphobia accusaions in) to create an "Islamic party" until their application gets accepted mind

It’s the logical next step.  The number of Muslims in the UK seems to be doubling approximately every 10 years or so (currently 4 million) and there are already some inner-city areas where even now they’d probably do quite well. It’s a given that the overwhelming majority of Muslims would put their religion ahead of any other political concerns so within a couple of decades they’d be likely to have considerable representation in parliament, and as numbers increase yet further they might even get to a position where they’d control the balance of power, if not get an outright majority.  At that stage all bets would be off and I could easily see the dismantling of the democratic system and the imposition of Sharia.  Worryingly I think it’s too late to do much about this as the proverbial stable door has been wide open for far too long.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

At that stage all bets would be off and I could easily see the dismantling of the democratic system and the imposition of Sharia.

Pahahahaha. You heard it here first lads, we're not far off a Sharia government in the UK!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Pahahahaha. You heard it here first lads, we're not far off a Sharia government in the UK!

30 or 40 years.  Given your juvenile posts, I suspect you’re young enough that you might even be here to witness it.

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

30 or 40 years.  Given your juvenile posts, I suspect you’re young enough that you might even be here to witness it.

I'd make a bet with you that you're wrong, but given your senile posts, I suspect you wouldn't be around for me to claim my winnings.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'd make a bet with you that you're wrong, but given your senile posts, I suspect you wouldn't be around for me to claim my winnings.

No, I doubt I would be, but equally you might have grown up a bit by then and hopefully will no longer see the world through your far-left tinted spectacles.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

No, I doubt I would be, but equally you might have grown up a bit by then and hopefully will no longer see the world through your far-left tinted spectacles.

I'm not stupid enough to adopt an outlook of xenophobic paranoia old boy, regardless of whether I'm in my 30s, 40s or 50s. I suppose I could get kicked in the head by a donkey. That's if I still have a head and the democratically-elected Supreme Ayatollah of the United Kingdom hasn't chopped it off for blasphemy.