Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

And now Nigel Pearsons been sacked

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Absolute rubbish just like it was when everyone said the same thing about Smith, and Farke, and Neil. It's always been a select few decide we can't afford it when we demonstrably can.

I admire your confidence regarding the finances!

Someone like Pearson may be a suitable candidate to take the helm until the end of the season though, to give Knapper the chance to bed in. 

I mean this season is a write off already, so anyone who can just keep us away from the bottom three while giving us a bit more steel and defensive capability would do IMO. 

3 hours ago, Davidlingfield said:

There is one simple reason why we won’t sack Wagner - we can’t afford to.

He is on a rolling 12 month contract so we can’t pay his settlement in one chunk.

It’s cheaper to sack him than he relegated though isn’t it? 

11 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

It’s cheaper to sack him than he relegated though isn’t it? 

Yes, but I think the problem is the cash to pay him off, although others on here, undoubtedly better placed than me to know, indicate we have plenty of cash, so I am probably wrong!

4 hours ago, Davidlingfield said:

Yes, but I think the problem is the cash to pay him off, although others on here, undoubtedly better placed than me to know, indicate we have plenty of cash, so I am probably wrong!

There’s enough people in the boardroom with enough zeros in their bank to cover anything we need to pay in my view. Be that Delia and Michael or the Attanasio’s. 

Wagner must be on one hell of a 12 mth salary then if we can't afford to sack him.

If it does come down to money we really must be in the ****, more than we thought.

How the hell did we get in this position. Wasn't Wagner out of work so we shouldnt have to be paying an exorbitant salary, even if its a 12 month rolling one

Its not like he was an A list candidate, even a B, C or D list 

Just wish we could headhunt an up.and coming manager in the way we sacked Gunn, and went straight for Lambert.

That would be worth the investment

On 29/10/2023 at 15:32, Feedthewolf said:

I did try to find an image with the new crest on the corner flag, but no dice... 😉

Will this one do? 

119F38DA-704D-4B59-A441-C92297B6456B.jpeg

• Thanks 1