S_81

Webber - leaving soon?

Webber's here to hand over to the new guy and to make sure any knowledge  that only exists in his own head is passed over to Knapper. It's in everyone's interests for that to happen. There's no rational reason to want to rush Webber out of the door until that has happened.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Webber's here to hand over to the new guy and to make sure any knowledge  that only exists in his own head is passed over to Knapper. It's in everyone's interests for that to happen. There's no rational reason to want to rush Webber out of the door until that has happened.

What's Webber going to do after the first 2-3 minutes when he has finished imparting his infinite wisdom?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It kind of needs to be to be honest.

This can’t continue, it wouldn’t continue at any other club.

Agreed, but the whole scenario of the club is a shambles , Webber/Knapper, Delia the Yank, doesn't matter who manages the playing side in this climate, must filter down to the players.

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

...unless he's clouding any judgement on sacking and hiring a manager

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Great comedy 

12 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Indeed, I mean it’s going to take 2&1/2 more years of Delia imparting her knowledge to MA, he needs to know how to boil a perfect egg! 
So it’s the Norwich way, a failing SD who would have been shown the door months ago, must stay to taint the new SD…..Knapper isn’t going to listen to Webber he’s going to impact his own vision here….just lip service by Norwich board!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just saw the updated Pink Un story saying Webber’s departure timeline hasn’t changed. And Wagner will be in charge for Blackburn. I honestly hope we lose - a win would just prolong the inevitable. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scot-e-dog said:

What's Webber going to do after the first 2-3 minutes when he has finished imparting his infinite wisdom?

It's not about wisdom. It's about knowledge of processes, contacts, and relationships and so on.

I should add a caveat that while there are no rational reasons, there are obviously lots of totally irrational ones, mostly held by the people who seem to find the idea of knowledge transfer in key business administration roles somehow amusing.

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's not about wisdom. It's about knowledge of processes, contacts, and relationships and so on.

I should add a caveat that while there are no rational reasons, there are obviously lots of totally irrational ones, mostly held by the people who seem to find the idea of knowledge transfer in key business administration roles somehow amusing.

Thank god for that.  Let me rephrase the question.  What's Webber going to do after the first 5-6 minutes after he has imparted all of his useful knowledge?

2 minutes ago, Scot-e-dog said:

Thank god for that.  Let me rephrase the question.  What's Webber going to do after the first 5-6 minutes after he has imparted all of his useful knowledge?

Get in the way of the recruitment of the manager. Having already royally sodded up the previous two 

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed, I mean it’s going to take 2&1/2 more years of Delia imparting her knowledge to MA, he needs to know how to boil a perfect egg! 
So it’s the Norwich way, a failing SD who would have been shown the door months ago, must stay to taint the new SD…..Knapper isn’t going to listen to Webber he’s going to impact his own vision here….just lip service by Norwich board!

Sure you can argue failing possibly in terms of major policy decisions, but in terms of the organisation of the business, infrastructure and facilities, Webber has been A1.

We know he's off. There's no reason to get excited about timescale. Actually. The timescale his replacement arrives seems to me more of a point of frustration given the management situation, but that's out of our hands, and everyone's agreed nobody thinks it's a good idea for Webber to be overseeing that.

4 minutes ago, Scot-e-dog said:

They've said that the transition timescale will be a matter between Knapper and Webber, so if it's longer, it will be at Knapper's request. The process is for Knapper's benefit, so it's his shout alone as to when it stops being useful to him, whether that's five minutes or five months.

5 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Get in the way of the recruitment of the manager. Having already royally sodded up the previous two 

I don't agree he sodded up the appointment of Smith. Smith's tenure was spoiled by the determined and unreasonable antagonism against him.

To be honest, the sh1t show we're experiencing at the moment feels like karma for how Smith was treated.

• Haha 1

Webber hates this club so much he’s willing to tank his whole future to damage us just a tiny little bit more.

He’ll do whatever it takes to leave this club in a significantly worse position. He’s tanked this club and tanked his future.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Webber hates this club so much he’s willing to tank his whole future to damage us just a tiny little bit more.

He’ll do whatever it takes to leave this club in a significantly worse position. He’s tanked this club and tanked his future.

Ah: Cue the number one antagonist building the negativity to drive Smith out to pave the way for his fantastic replacement.

Anyone could do better than Smith, eh?

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Ah: Cue the number one antagonist building the negativity to drive Smith out to pave the way for his fantastic replacement.

Anyone could do better than Smith, eh?

Lol, you think Smith would be doing well right now, yeah?

Lol, you think Smith would be doing well right now, yeah?

There's definitely no evidence to suggest we'd have been as bad off as we are now. What we have now is utterly dire, and a direct consequence of people like you insisting on forcing a change mid season when things weren't that bad.

Maybe you should channel some of that hate you're throwing at Webber at yourself.

19 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't agree he sodded up the appointment of Smith. Smith's tenure was spoiled by the determined and unreasonable antagonism against him.

To be honest, the sh1t show we're experiencing at the moment feels like karma for how Smith was treated.

You just can’t let it go! Smith was utterly useless and didn’t give a toss about being here! 
There’s a reason he’s still unemployed!

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

You just can’t let it go! Smith was utterly useless and didn’t give a toss about being here! 

No he wasn't useless. Wagner is useless, and that's with everyone more than willing to give him every benefit of the doubt and get behind the team, unlike was the case with Smith.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

There's definitely no evidence to suggest we'd have been as bad off as we are now. What we have now is utterly dire, and a direct consequence of people like you insisting on forcing a change mid season when things weren't that bad.

Maybe you should channel some of that hate you're throwing at Webber at yourself.

Look, Stu, why don’t you and Zoe go and get a Tobey Carvery or something.

imagine defending Smith. Imagine being such an idiot.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

No he wasn't useless. Wagner is useless.

Yes he is and the two are both Webber appointments done on the fly! So Webber should have been sacked along with Smith who was the most obnoxious and utterly clueless manager I’ve ever seen! He even managed to relegate Leicester last year!

Edited by Indy

This whole process has been a farce. There’s clearly an arrogance at the board level whose attitude seems to be that everything is fine. It’s why they allowed a man who was leaving to still make decisions that affect the long term future of the club this summer. It’s why they’re insisting on a handover period, when what is needed is a complete set of fresh eyes. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yes he is and the two are both Webber appointments done on the fly! So Webber should have been sacked along with Smith who was the most obnoxious and utterly clueless manager I’ve ever seen! He even managed to relegate Leicester last year!

You're just wrong. We're 17th and in relegation form in a season where Wagner had the Summer to shape the team the way he wanted. Smith didn't even have a full pre-season and it still wasn't as bad as this.

We finished last season under Wagner in relegation form as well. He is awful.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You're just wrong. We're 17th and in relegation form in a season where Wagner had the Summer to shape the team the way he wanted. Smith didn't even have a full pre-season and it still wasn't as bad as this.

It’s almost as if there’s a bigger problem than who the football manager is

What

Could

It

Possibly

Be??

It’s almost as if there’s a bigger problem than who the football manager is

What

Could

It

Possibly

Be??

Personally, I don't think we'd be anywhere near as badly off as we are now if that change hadn't been forced.

Smith was Webber's plan to change approach, but people like you were determined to prevent it, doubtless coloured by your hatred of Webber. Literally every week, win or lose, even on a nine game unbeaten run you had to drip negativity. The club switched according to your wishes and it was a f*k up.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Personally, I don't think we'd be anywhere near as badly off as we are now if that change hadn't been forced.

Smith was Webber's plan to change approach, but people like you were determined to prevent it, doubtless coloured by your hatred of Webber. Literally every week, win or lose, even on a nine game unbeaten run you had to drip negativity. The club switched according to your wishes and it was a f*k up.

You’ve lost it mate, Webber is a failure and he’ll be a failure for the rest of his life. The problems are further up than the football management it’s an absolute joke.

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

What you on about? Smith was here the full summer and had the transfer window and preseason! I can’t e done interacting with your wind ups! Have a good Sunday! You do remember Smith was here for 12 months!

Smith was utterly clueless and is a rubbish manager that’s why Pompy employed a player rather than go with him this summer!

I see no one is biting or interested in arguing on the non football related forum so you come on this thread to get your fix! 👍

Edited by Indy

Just now, Indy said:

What you on about? Smith was here the full summer and had the transfer window and preseason! I can’t e done interacting with your wind ups! Have a good Sunday! You do remember Smith was here for 12 months!

Smith was utterly clueless and is a rubbish manager that’s why Pompy employed a player rather than go with him this summer!

What are you talking about? At no point were we in anywhere near as bad a position as we are now under Smith, and the preseason was short because of the delay to the previous season due to Covid. Your memory is very selective.

You wouldn't be being so defensive about it but for the fact you know I'm right.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

What are you talking about? At no point were we in anywhere near as bad a position as we are now under Smith, and the preseason was short because of the delay to the previous season due to Covid. Your memory is very selective.

You wouldn't be being so defensive about it but for the fact you know I'm right.

I think you’ve really lost it! Covid! It was 2022 summer and we had no delay to the pre season! 

We played a full preseason schedule including games in France I believe!

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think you’ve really lost it! Covid! It was 2022 summer and we had no delay to the pre season! 

We played a full preseason schedule including games in France I believe!

Last game of 2021-2022 was 22nd May

First game of 2022-2023 was 30th July.  That's 69 days between seasons.

Last game of 2022-2023 was 8th May

First game this year was 5th August.  That's 89 days between seasons.

That's three extra weeks almost. Or 29% more time to play with if you prefer it that way.