lake district canary

Toxic, but is calm needed?

20 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

10 games without a win and anchored to the bottom of the premier league by a substantial margin.

Don't have a go at me about it. I was making the arguments why to keep Farke right up to the point he went. I'm just highlighting the argument that won the day at the time. Maybe if you'd been as vociferous at defending his record at the time as you are at challenging my summary of why he went he'd still be here.

This is the point. I think many managers are unlucky to be sacked. Because although it's expensive it's the cheapest way to try and effect change. The people who wanted Farke gone in 2021 also wanted him gone in 2020, 2019 and 2018. It was also a complaint that we hung on to failing managers too long. I wouldn't have sacked him but I guess the reason he was sacked was it was the cheapest option to try and effect change in desperation to stay in the PL. I think I understood that without liking it. But as happens so often the requisite change doesn't occur. And now we've lost what we had in a similar way to what happened post Worthy.

There's no going back. We're just waiting for the stars to fall into place once again.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I thought we had that discussion months ago, i certainly stood by my opinion vocally after the event.  If you were arguing for him to stay , why have you changed your mind? After all that has happened since surely it backs up your argument.  The players weren't good enough simple. Why would I have been on here arguing his case to save him ? Apart from one or two fans at the ground no one turned on him like they did smith or wagner last night, and webber said he didn't listen to the noise, I guess that was just another lie. 

I didn't change my mind. I just moved on and accepted there was going to be a change of approach that would need a bit of patience driven by a feeling felt by a lot of fans that consolidating as a premier League team rather than a yo-yo club was a priority.

Sadly it turned out that it wasn't so much of a priority to accept a less aesthetic and more pragmatic approach to the football.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is the point. I think many managers are unlucky to be sacked. Because although it's expensive it's a cheapest way to try and effect change. The people who wanted Farke gone in 2021 also wanted him gone in 2020, 2019 and 2018. It was also a complaint that we hung on to failing managers too long. I wouldn't have sacked him but I guess the reason he was sacked was it was the cheapest option to try and effect change in desperation to stay in the PL. I think I understood that without liking it. But as happens so often the requisite change doesn't occur. And now we've lost what we had in a similar way to what happened post Worthy.

There's no going back. We're just waiting for the stars to fall into place once again.

I’m trying to make sense of the above, could you simplify it. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No.

Just try harder.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Sacking a manager is the only thing you can do during a season that changes things, so that's why it's the only thing people talk about if the results aren't good, or if the results are good as well for some managers...

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Sacking a manager is the only thing you can do during a season that changes things, so that's why it's the only thing people talk about it the results aren't good, or if the the results are good as well for some managers...

If he just translates everything I post as 'Midlands is a ****' he won't be far wrong...

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think there's also a strong sense of apathy among some right now

Right now , that started 2 years ago, at 2,0 last night 20 thousand fans left , I think half the other 5 thousand stayed to boo. Be interesting to see who turns up next Sunday dinner time . 

11 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I didn't change my mind. I just moved on and accepted there was going to be a change of approach that would need a bit of patience driven by a feeling felt by a lot of fans that consolidating as a premier League team rather than a yo-yo club was a priority.

Sadly it turned out that it wasn't so much of a priority to accept a less aesthetic and more pragmatic approach to the football.

You said you backed him and then you said he was sacked with good reason! I am confused. Out of interest how were fans right to want him out because they wanted to be a prem club and not to yo -yo when the club operates as a mid championship club. Surely if they Wanted that it should of been aimed at the owners not the manager who had got the club way above its financial station .

13 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Sacking a manager is the only thing you can do during a season that changes things, so that's why it's the only thing people talk about if the results aren't good, or if the results are good as well for some managers...

That's true   that's why Webber should of went end of last season.  It was time for new vision and a new plan, if that meant Wagner would of went as well so be it. 

3 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

That's true   that's why Webber should of went end of last season.  It was time for new vision and a new plan, if that meant Wagner would of went as well so be it. 

A sporting director isn't a manager.

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Many thanks. 

8 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Agree we rebuild, but not with Wagner.

Give Pelach a chance to be at the start of a new wonderful era.

Wagner is every bit a tactical dinosaur as Smith was.

When I first joined this forum I thought you were frankly pants but over recent times you are so right. Wagner has a technical approach but it is the only one he seems to have. We have a group of players who should fit the system but they are not technically good enough to carry it through

The weakness of the wagner system is that there is not enough cover when an error is made. Goal one yesterday

And  there are lots of errors. 

I also have a theory that championship teams are best when they are all of similar ability vide luton and farke season 2. We have Sara probably Sainz and in an attacking sense Rowe but has he got a lot to learn. Also dont fall off your chairs chaps this system really suits giannoulis

Also have 2 goalkeepers who cant really be faulted Which is quite a group . For one reason or another ability confidence and age the rest except for Kenny are not really good enough. Sorry Adam I feel so sorry for you I wish you were up to it but you need to score lots of goals in leagues 1 or 2.

So where the hell are we going . I never ever advocated a change of manager before and I don't know how this group could adapt to a different system and thank goodness for qpr Rotherham and Sheffield Wed but this is serious.

And yes I was at the Newport game the last time we gave away a 2 goal half time lead in 1956!

Webber did go in March it’s just he still here because they could find anyone to replace him. Does really question what value Neil Adam’s brings.

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Watch that mask. 

Don't worry about masks. Just see it as a kindness. You won't need to ask for a translation ever again.

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

A sporting director isn't a manager.

That's  the time you have the chance to change the downward spiral and bringing in a new plan and vision, then the new SD  work s with the manager or gets a new one . But I am sure you knew what I meant