Bradwell canary

Gibson, complete lack of confidence

5 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Are you kidding me ???!!! Are you going to blame the kids when things ain't going right ? Do you expect the kids to play all the football for the club ! What about a £9.5m, £45K a week,  deadbeat who shirks responsibility and hides behind these kids. For that kind of money we want a player who can lead others by example - not hide so you don't make a mistake ! You're darn right I want him out of this club - I never wanted him here in the first place ! City fans deserve better than this 3-legged donkey !  

I really struggle to understand how the player who is seeing the ball the most in the team can be accused of hiding. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Going to visit Ben tonight Hogesar ? You taking him carrots, apples or oats this time ?

Nah, he's asked if I can bring him a pack of cigarettes because he enjoys a smoke after f*cking your wife, apparently.

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

I really struggle to understand how the player who is seeing the ball the most in the team can be accused of hiding. 

I also wonder if his 3 legged comment is more jealousy about how well endowed Ben is, the guys got some serious problem with him

35 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Are you kidding me ???!!! Are you going to blame the kids when things ain't going right ? Do you expect the kids to play all the football for the club ! What about a £9.5m, £45K a week,  deadbeat who shirks responsibility and hides behind these kids. For that kind of money we want a player who can lead others by example - not hide so you don't make a mistake ! You're darn right I want him out of this club - I never wanted him here in the first place ! City fans deserve better than this 3-legged donkey !  

What on earth are you ranting about!!

56 minutes ago, king canary said:

shirking responsibility is hiding isn't it ? It's worse if he saw the ball the most - what's he doing with it ? I expect him to hold onto the ball until a pass is available, I expect him to carry the ball and dribble past opponents to create opportunities for others, I want more goals from him.

What is our club policy ? - the more you're paid the least responsibility ?  For £45K a week a player should have the ability to beat/dribble past multiple opponents. Can Gibson do this ? He's a senior player, not a youth product or loanee or free transfer retiree. 

2 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

shirking responsibility is hiding isn't it ? It's worse if he saw the ball the most - what's he doing with it ? I expect him to hold onto the ball until a pass is available, I expect him to carry the ball and dribble past opponents to create opportunities for others, I want more goals from him.

What is our club policy ? - the more you're paid the least responsibility ?  For £45K a week a player should have the ability to beat/dribble past multiple opponents. Can Gibson do this ? He's a senior player, not a youth product or loanee or free transfer retiree. 

That's not typically the requirements for central defenders, albeit he does this better than any of our other CB offerings. You basically want him to be a box-to-box goalscoring midfielder. Weird.

1 minute ago, Six Pack said:

I expect him to carry the ball and dribble past opponents to create opportunities for others, I want more goals from him.

I'm sorry you want what? You want our central defender to be dribbling past opponents and scoring goals? Ben Gibson? Scorer of six goals in his entire career? 

I think the issue might be with your expectations of him than him.

Just now, hogesar said:

That's not typically the requirements for central defenders, albeit he does this better than any of our other CB offerings. You basically want him to be a box-to-box goalscoring midfielder. Weird.

Honestly one of the most mental posts I've ever read.

If this is what he wants from central defenders for £45k p/w imagine what he must expect Van Dijk can do.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, king canary said:

Honestly one of the most mental posts I've ever read.

If this is what he wants from central defenders for £45k p/w imagine what he must expect Van Dijk can do.

Mental ??!! Tell you what's mental people supporting the purchase of skill-less players such as Gibson, paying him £45k p/w and not expecting him to do anything cos he's only a defender ! Hopeless !

11 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

People making up his wages 😄

Why do you think people are so upset ! We've paid £9.4m plus £45k per week for a lemon !

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

Nah, he's asked if I can bring him a pack of cigarettes because he enjoys a smoke after f*cking your wife, apparently.

Can just imagine you and Ben afterwards, laying in bed, staring at the ceiling and taking a puff !

6 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Can just imagine you and Ben afterwards, laying in bed, staring at the ceiling and taking a puff !

Yeah, but then your Mrs said she wasn't sure she could handle both of us a second time, so we're making alternative arrangements.

Don’t forget Webber and Kenny, he’d want them there too. 

Why do you think people are so upset ! We've paid £9.4m plus £45k per week for a lemon !

Still making up his wages 

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Still, it's more modest than you offering your 'services' to the entire Ipswich first team. 🙂 

I’m pretty sure nobody knows how much ben Gibson earns. Doesn’t take away the fact that he’s a dreadful defender that is currently being made to look halfway acceptable purely down to the absolutely dire form of those around him.

If you were in charge of signing players for a championship club or even a league 1 club and Ben Gibson was available, would you sign him?

Just now, hogesar said:

Still, it's more modest than you offering your 'services' to the entire Ipswich first team. 🙂 

That’s not a bad reply for you, you can do humour occasionally. 

7 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Then passing her back to the goal keeper!

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hogesar will have trouble standing !