cambridgeshire canary

McLean; The worst performance he's seen

10 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes i thought it was a shame for the boy he scored two yesterday but overshadowed by 6-2 result he did his job ! 

Possibly. It’s good that he scored, but he didn’t play particularly week- like the rest of the team. Remember that one of the goals was a penalty, so was nothing to do with ‘playing to his strengths’

4 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

We didn’t have a lot of choice if Wagner wanted to play two up front.

He had Gibbs on the bench who played by behind Barnes on Wednesday. And the option of playing Forshaw or Gibbs with Kenny and moving Sara up.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

He had Gibbs on the bench who played by behind Barnes on Wednesday. And the option of playing Forshaw or Gibbs with Kenny and moving Sara up.

I am bewildered watching Sara dropping back to the edge of his own area to pick up the ball. I must say I don't think he is as good as others make out but I am sure he would do better for us way further up the pitch. We know he likes to shoot. Half the time he just passes it to Kenny or the full backs. Are we saying we don't have a player capable of doing that so Sara can play most of his game in the opponents half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

Apparently Plymouth just ran through our midfield and then through our defence over and over. That points to the core of our team and Kenny is one.

Kenny has been guilty of not tackling being too slow etc. before and he needs someone far more mobile along side him. Sara isn’t that person.

Sara needs to play in the Steipermann role further up the pitch to protect our midfield and defence. Forshaw can come in to stiffen up the midfield. 

Bang on...in our recent championships wins McLean had Tettey and then Skipp alingside him to do that work.

Beggars belief that this manager either a) think McLean can do that job in his own or b) doesnt think we need such a player in the team at all

McLean should be the most worried as he is effectively filling the DM position that we don’t have. Sorensen doesn’t get a run and he is so injury prone and Lima is still acclimatising ?.  This has gone on for too long - even Man City have a defensive midfielder ( he did get sent off though yesterday !).  The defence is poor but without the shield in front of it, the team is so exposed.  Lima and Sara together is a mouth - watering prospect .

9 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

That is the most worrying thing most clubs have them why we are different ,

it seems a bit like that at the moment ,

we all were excited thinking this season we will get a sitting CDM nothing 

then we all were crying out for a replacement for Sarge we get Hwang not nothing but close to it ,

I think we can cope without a cdm when we have sargent and Barnes defending from the front and forcing the opposition back. Without them teams just run through us. Need at least forshaw next game. Maybe even Forshaw gibbs and McClean anchoring the centre with idah up front alone and Sara Rowe in support 

• Like 1