rock bus

help for daughter trying to rent property in Norfolk

Bit of a long shot but wondered if anyone can help with any advice.

My daughter has just qualified as a mid wife at UEA and is to stay in the area and work at St James Paget.

Like many young people she is struggling to find a decent place for reasonable money (on her own, NHS wages!). She hoped for something near Norwich (so easier for boyfriend to find work in the city) but right side to make travel to the hospital easier but really struggling.

Think she will now need to look more closer to Hospital (talking Yarmouth - but recent thread about there has terrified me!).

Anyone have any advice on where she could look? (or even better know of any where available!)

13 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Bit of a long shot but wondered if anyone can help with any advice.

My daughter has just qualified as a mid wife at UEA and is to stay in the area and work at St James Paget.

Like many young people she is struggling to find a decent place for reasonable money (on her own, NHS wages!). She hoped for something near Norwich (so easier for boyfriend to find work in the city) but right side to make travel to the hospital easier but really struggling.

Think she will now need to look more closer to Hospital (talking Yarmouth - but recent thread about there has terrified me!).

Anyone have any advice on where she could look? (or even better know of any where available!)

Sieve through SpareRooms if she can handle a house share. All bills are normally included and it might be a good option short term. 

As an update she’s managed to find somewhere in North Walsham so hoping that’s an ok place?,

unfurnished though so going to cost me a packet getting her set up.

the joys of being a parent!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rock bus said:

As an update she’s managed to find somewhere in North Walsham so hoping that’s an ok place?,

Only been there once and it looks a nice small town and near some cracking beaches. I'm sure it is/was @hogesar's home town so you may get a better idea from him.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Only been there once and it looks a nice small town and near some cracking beaches. I'm sure it is/was @hogesar's home town so you may get a better idea from him.

I'm Wymondham!

7 hours ago, rock bus said:

Trip to ikea?

Walsham seems OK. It's on the train line which helps. Got a decent sainsburys.   About all I know I'm afraid!

I used to do a lot of work on the Somerleyton Hall Estate , near Yarmouth/Lowestoft . They have a lot of rental properties and I remember many of the tenants worked at the Paget . 
I wish your daughter the best Rock Bus . My youngest is now off to London , rents there are ridiculous. I’ll help as much as I can , but how did it ever come to this ? Bonkers . 

Edited by Pockthorpe

22 hours ago, rock bus said:

Have you thought about somewhere like the British Heart Foundation for furniture? It's not tatty old crap nowadays and could be ok for a couple of years and then gradually replace with new

• Like 1