Sign in to follow this  
cornish sam

Well at least he admitted it

..... said it when it was first mooted,  of course the elite Clubs would benefit,  any changes made are to their advantage. They generate most of the money and the interested parties wouldn't want to rock the boat.

The pyramid is reaching a financial point, it's only a matter of time before the European Super League raises its ugly head again...... 

It’s a racket and has been for a long while

i refuse to believe money doesn’t change hands with these refs. The money on the line and we are just supposed to trust they are whiter than white? Please…

Should be a permanent ban anytime anything like this comes out. Just proves all the conspiracies right. Its all an old boys club and they all protect one another.

I remember reading a news article years ago someone who claimed insider knowledge said that the biggest drama and controversy thats yet to be uncovered in English football is that countless matches over the past few decades have been match fixed by dodgy referees making bad and poor choice deliberately.

Laughed at it back then but then when more and more stuff like this comes out..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

There’s a bit of confirmation bias going on here. All this story shows is that it’s highly dependent on human judgement, and that can be influenced by lots of irrelevant factors. There’s nothing in this story about bias toward bigger clubs or bribes.

That doesn’t mean they don’t happen, although I’m personally dubious about money changing hands. But isn’t this an argument for it to be done better, not that it should be done away with?

It has to be said that we would probably be two points better off this season if there was VAR in the Championship.

Basically then, that article is trying to say that Refs are human. The fact they've been let loose on Technology apparently accurate to the width of an armpit hair (in the case of Pukki) but still rely upon gut feel shows that the whole system is corrupt. Sure, my thoughts have always been that the betting companies have driven this, but seriously, if we have to rely on gut feel, then lets rely upon it, on the pitch, instant decision, at real-time speed.

Still, the article is about Dean - its all about Dean. Wish he'd just fade away and be remembered for being a controversial, poor-to-average referee, who bottled major decisions in favour of the Top 6 which is the exact same sentiment I have for Clattenburg.

Hillarious watching Sky Soccer Saturday - Dean’s a pundit ….

Man City score number 2 and Dean’s contradicting VAR - properly animated saying the goal shouldn’t stand. Offside and interfering with play…

Man City 2 lol! Goal stands!

4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Hillarious watching Sky Soccer Saturday - Dean’s a pundit ….

Man City score number 2 and Dean’s contradicting VAR - properly animated saying the goal shouldn’t stand. Offside and interfering with play…

Man City 2 lol! Goal stands!

It’s shocking how VAR gets these quite simple decisions wrong.

They should have a common sense test as part of their process 

I’ll wait to see the clip later. Just funny with all the garbage decisions Deans made over the years including VAR, he’s seeing, finally what we can all see - VAR is flawed.