Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The aliens are here..

There are over 100 billion stars in our Galaxy.

And there are over 100 billion Galaxies that have been identified so far, and our Galaxy is not unusually big.

So, the idea that there is no other "intelligent" life anywhere out there is just ridiculous to me.

But, the distances are so vast that if life is rare, then it may just be really unusual for it to be able reach out from one star to another, and the chances of that happening while we as humans can spot it may just be incredibly low.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There's always the dark forest theory. That there are indeed many sentient lifeforms and planets full of life out there but somewhere out there is also a super advanced alien race that views any other sentient lifeforms as being a threat to them and so they seek out, kill and destroy any other races and planets and so the vast majority of alien life out there is hiding out of fear and paranoia.

Prehaps right now if this is the case but thankfuly we are not deemed a threat. Prehaps as we have not yet been able to spread ourselves and our race across the stars and to other planets is saving us from them. Until the day comes in which we do make too much of a noise and they start taking more notice of us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_forest_hypothesis

I don't go for that - we've been easily 'visible' for decades (radio, radar) and so if somebodies doing the 'weeding' why put the weeds on any notice? Nip them in the bud.

In much same manner I think the idea of malevolent 'aliens' is also mute. Door, stable, horse bolted.

Yes I have my towel ready!

Edited by Yellow Fever

15 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I don't go for that - we've been easily 'visible' for decades (radio, radar) and so if somebodies doing the 'weeding' why put the weeds on any notice? Nip them in the bud.

In much same manner I think the idea of malevolent 'aliens' is also mute. Door, stable, horse bolted.

Yes I have my towel ready!

Well, we don't kill apes. Just mindless animals that pose no threat to us. But if those apes started making houses and weapons..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, we don't kill apes. Just mindless animals that pose no threat to us. But if those apes started making houses and weapons..

Then 1945 we'd all be on the compost heap - if you believe they're already here.

Edited by Yellow Fever

I'm sure Neil Oliver will contradict any real evidence by saying aliens don't exist and it's now just a big conspiracy to make us think there are aliens when in fact there aren't. It's all about how you measure an alien...🤭🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

I'm sure Neil Oliver will contradict any real evidence by saying aliens don't exist and it's now just a big conspiracy to make us think there are aliens when in fact there aren't. It's all about how you measure an alien...🤭🤣

Apples

Would he want them vaccinated as they stepped off their spacecraft?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I am an agnostic on the subject, and many of the claims of sightings etc  are presumably nonsense. The reports that have always given me food for thought are those from military personnel and air traffic controllers. People trained to recognise what they are looking at and who know they wil risk their careers by speaking out.

And what has been interesting over the last few years, and I think the reason why Congress has started to take an interest, is that more such personnel - USAF pilots, for example - seem to be willing to go public.

There is also a possibly apochryphal story that when Spielberg made Close Encounters he was invited by Reagan to show it privately at the White House. And towards the end of the film Reagan leaned over and said: "If the public knew how close to the truth this is."

Allegedly 😂

The American people still believe in God so it is highly unlikely that their current President is going to say anything. I doubt there's anything out there but if they know there is they won't say anything.

Imagine what would happen if they made a big announcement. America would go into meltdown (bless) but Londoners would moan about house prices and being late for work. That lot over there are different to us.