Sign in to follow this  
pete

Are you going by train 5th August?

There are no trains between Cambridge and Norwich that day, have to go via Stowmarket.  But note you have 5 minutes to get the connection to Norwich, if miss hour wait to get next.  Not guranteed to get into Stowmarket in time to get connection, therefore hours wait in the wasteland that is Stowmarket Station and its environs.  Enjoy yourselves if train 5 mins late

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Do they exist these days, I thought they stopped at privatisation............

Imagine privatising  the Railways AND selling off to several different companies. Who was the eejit that signed off on that? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Imagine privatising  the Railways AND selling off to several different companies. Who was the eejit that signed off on that? 

Was that Tom Smith too? 

• Haha 2

I’m on the train on 5th, but from Liverpool St…that is as long as they aren’t on strike again - if they are I’ll be in the motor.

The route from Cambridge via Stowmarket isn’t so bad, but it would be a pain to miss the connection.

4 hours ago, pete said:

There are no trains between Cambridge and Norwich that day, have to go via Stowmarket.  But note you have 5 minutes to get the connection to Norwich, if miss hour wait to get next.  Not guranteed to get into Stowmarket in time to get connection, therefore hours wait in the wasteland that is Stowmarket Station and its environs.  Enjoy yourselves if train 5 mins late

I will be driving from Hertfordshire and will have 2 spaces if anyone wants picking up en route 

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

I will be driving from Hertfordshire and will have 2 spaces if anyone wants picking up en route 

That’s very community spirited of you. More of this please. 

• Like 1