cambridgeshire canary

So now we have had some time to think about the new kit

On 17/07/2023 at 09:27, Indy said:

That away kit looks like a student made it out of old scrap bin cloth and run out of cloth so patched a square green sheet to the front!

This. My wife watches that Sewing Bee programme and the away shirt looks the result of one of their ‘turn a pair of trousers into a shirt’ challenges. 

Which is a huge shame, because without the weird shoulder/neckline section it is a thing of beauty. Ruined. 

On 17/07/2023 at 09:09, Capt. Pants said:

All down to personal preference on clothing and I'm not going to like it and wear it just because it's a NCFC shirt.

To be fair it looks OK on a professional athlete, but it will be unforgiving on lardies.

I don't like the lady neckline on the away strip either, but the 'Polos' the players have also been wearing pre-season look smart and hopefully will also be available.

Agreed. I’m not a replica kit person at all (I feel like a loutish cosplayer in one) - though last year’s home shirt was a work of art and I retrospectively wish I’d bought one. 

The travel wear has been really nice though - the olive green and grey polos have been lovely. I’d still feel a bit like I was in a tribute band wearing one (I wear branded polos/workwear for the day job) but…

2 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Does anyone know when the 3rd strip is being released? 

Last season, it was released in mid-August, if I remember correctly.

I guess originality has gone, so many designs have been  tried over the years that it's difficult to come with something fresh, but this kit really does look like it's been designed by a five year old.

I wouldn't mind betting it was done purely on a computer- the computer given stats and parameters of what was required and with it's little digital brain, came up with this design. Then everyone involved thought, wow look what the computer has come up with, it must be good, whereas in fact if a human had drawn it, people would have thought it was dross. 

The overriding question for me would be "would I buy a shirt like this if it wasn't a Norwich shirt?".....and the answer is a resounding "no".  

I was in the club shop yesterday. Bizarrely they have no fitting rooms and I wanted to try that home thing, the away shirt and the travel polo shirt, but I couldn't!

Ended up going home empty handed. A bit frustrating to say the least having made the effort to get there.

I will answer sat evening when we can see the public in them and see if they can convince me...