Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

Wagner's position now

Largely agree with @Yobocop above. Much like Dean Smith last year, I think he's on a pretty short leash but does deserve the chance to have a crack at it with a squad better able to do what he wants. He's got until Christmas with me to show substantial improvement.

Edited by TheGoogler
  • Like 1

Just now, TheGoogler said:

Largely agree with @Yobocop above. Much like Dean Smith last year, I think he's on a pretty short leash but does deserve the chance to have a crack at it with a squad better able to do what he wants. He's got until Christmas with me to show substantial improvement.

Yes this 

I think in the early days with dowell in the team we saw the brand of football he wanted to play so for me if we can return to that we‘ll be all good 

9 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Yes this 

I think in the early days with dowell in the team we saw the brand of football he wanted to play so for me if we can return to that we‘ll be all good 

Indeed there’s certainly a good football system in there, we do have a squad filled with young players with bags of potential, now have three additional players in all areas with experience to add and a few prime age players who on their day can turn matches for us.

If we can add a very good CDM and a couple loan players it’s certainly a decent squad in this league, no excuses for Wagner. My only concern is that the off field going on might have a disruptive effect, we need to bring in Webbers replacement and get the board distraction done, so we go into next season best prepared we can be, focusing on a tough division.

I hope Wagner gets them going as I really like him, good personality and fits our club. I’d give him full season unless it’s really going pear shaped, but let’s be honest top 8 would be good enough, top 6 would be very good result and promotion would be a mini miracle with what’s in this league next season.

Edited by Indy

32 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed there’s certainly a good football system in there, we do have a squad filled with young players with bags of potential, now have three additional players in all areas with experience to add and a few prime age players who on their day can turn matches for us.

If we can add a very good CDM and a couple loan players it’s certainly a decent squad in this league, no excuses for Wagner. My only concern is that the off field going on might have a disruptive effect, we need to bring in Webbers replacement and get the board distraction done, so we go into next season best prepared we can be, focusing on a tough division.

I hope Wagner gets them going as I really like him, good personality and fits our club. I’d give him full season unless it’s really going pear shaped, but let’s be honest top 8 would be good enough, top 6 would be very good result and promotion would be a mini miracle with what’s in this league next season.

Agreed with this too 

I’m hoping that the uncertainty surrounding the club proves to be a catalyst for players and brings an end to the poisonous atmosphere we saw towards end of last season, ‘we want Webber out’ can’t really be sung anymore so hopefully this promotes positive energy at FCR 

• Like 1

I really do wonder how the players actually feel about this, so I generally assume players are used to managers moving and coaches ect so the director of football going is it really anything they care about.

They may not even like him so they could be delighted, I will think that he keeps doing his role as he is supposed to do but with Neil Adams now in the role of technical director overseeing.

Players should just keep doing their job and we will see when the new person comes in.

Wagner's position doesn't change, play good football and win games.

Edited by tricky974

If we were any other club, I would say Wagner would not be in charge at the start of the season IF Webber disappears to Leeds imminently, and a new Sporting Director or interim role thereof is appointed (that isn't Neil Adams).

But this is Norwich we are talking about. We now have no Chairman, no CEO, and a huge mystery around the actual ownership of the club... at least until the issuing of new shares to Attanasio fiasco is announced.

2 hours ago, TheRock said:

If we were any other club, I would say Wagner would not be in charge at the start of the season IF Webber disappears to Leeds imminently, and a new Sporting Director or interim role thereof is appointed (that isn't Neil Adams).

But this is Norwich we are talking about. We now have no Chairman, no CEO, and a huge mystery around the actual ownership of the club... at least until the issuing of new shares to Attanasio fiasco is announced.

It's a bit of a mess really isn't it.

I believe that Webber would have known that he would resign in March when he appointed Wagner. If Wagner knew of Webber's likely resignation then I'm surprised he didn't insist on a longer contract to protect his own interests if a new SD wants to get rid, and they might.

You'd forgive Wagner for being a bit pissed off with Webber at this point.

If he resigned in March, he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near any decisions about the future of our club. Out should mean out. And someone new should have been appointed as soon as possible afterwards so that he can make the decisions that will decide our future.