Sign in to follow this  
dean coney

Vets football around norwich

Hi all. Looking to join a vets team around norwich for next season (Lower divisions!) Anyone on here play at all and recommend a decent team? Lower the ability the better! Many thanks

2 hours ago, dean coney said:

Hi all. Looking to join a vets team around norwich for next season (Lower divisions!) Anyone on here play at all and recommend a decent team? Lower the ability the better! Many thanks

Well myself and @chicken are both involved in teams in the lowest division of the Norfolk Veterans League... although we beat them 3-1 on Sunday, so I guess if it's the lower the ability the better, you should probably join his lot! Any idea how you're looking for players next season, Chicken? We more often have to leave people out than beg for extras, but I'm sure we can find a home for you.

Are you the real Dean Coney cos if you are I don't think you will get any takers. !!

Edited by daisy
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Doesn’t Huckerby play vets football? 

Yes, and Wes, for Cringleford.

Dury, Holt, Howie plus others also have previously,  not sure they still do.

Heres a pic inc Wes in the line up.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/23023708.best-sunday-league-team-ever-holt-hoolahan-huckerbys-new-squad/

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 28/03/2023 at 22:34, Feedthewolf said:

Well myself and @chicken are both involved in teams in the lowest division of the Norfolk Veterans League... although we beat them 3-1 on Sunday, so I guess if it's the lower the ability the better, you should probably join his lot! Any idea how you're looking for players next season, Chicken? We more often have to leave people out than beg for extras, but I'm sure we can find a home for you.

I can have a word with my manager. Our season is done now. Been a bit up and down but was our first season. All very good tempered largely.