Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Further information will follow once the formal business …

1 hour ago, Canary Pie said:

Poundland would be a good result for the supporters as it would free up money from MA's piggy bank for the rebuild.

@Essex no time to panic I am almost 100% confident you will be able to afford a Ferrari with the proceeds of your investment. Just make sure it says Matchbox on the bottom of it or it is just a cheap knockoff and not the real thing.

I hope your first line comes from someone who has invested in shares themselves. If so fair enough.

Never mind my bank account, look at some of those employed in football.

Our Executive Director stated in her Programme Notes earlier this season how much money there is in football. Perhaps she was confusing it with her own family Bank Account?

Back to my viewing of 'Blackadder'. Queenie is shouting 'off with the head.'

Maybe we are making progress?

44 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Agreed it is convoluted. Taking the AA's page 8 first paragraph from '(for purposes of illustration...'. 

It would appear to link together the Foulger shares, the conversion then the new shares in that order thereby appearing to confirm the price of £10 million as referred to towards the bottom of page 5 and 10% as referred to towards bottom of page 6. 

In deference to @GMF if the conversion doesn't happen then it would seem to follow that the new shares won't either at least to MA.

The AA’s were revised to take account of the C-preference shares. If new ordinary shares are allotted in the interim, the only consequence is that MA would receive more ordinary shares if the C-preference shares are subsequently converted.

The subsequent general meeting granted the board the option to allot up to an additional 194,152 ordinary shares. The fact that they gave themselves just two weeks to do so got everyone excited, me included, that it was a done deal. Remember, it’s only an option, not an obligation. 

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Does anyone remember what the binners got when the boy Mucus 'saved' them? Was it nothing like the SJA?

Marcus took over the holding company, above the football club on their corporate ladder. The shares in the football club remained. 

1 hour ago, GMF said:

The AA’s were revised to take account of the C-preference shares. If new ordinary shares are allotted in the interim, the only consequence is that MA would receive more ordinary shares if the C-preference shares are subsequently converted.

The subsequent general meeting granted the board the option to allot up to an additional 194,152 ordinary shares. The fact that they gave themselves just two weeks to do so got everyone excited, me included, that it was a done deal. Remember, it’s only an option, not an obligation. 

The club’s press release said that their would be further detail in due course so surely it is essentially a done deal outside whatever legal complexities / requirements are holding things up?

8 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

The club’s press release said that their would be further detail in due course so surely it is essentially a done deal outside whatever legal complexities / requirements are holding things up?

You would presume that to be the case.

The Pink'Un boys in their Q&A today on the latest position re. the share allotment and / or Attanasio completing a takeover: 

Paddy :"Truth be told we haven't checked in the last few days with the club but prior to that the clear sense was nothing was imminent and there was no undue concern in terms of an announcement. We have said here the last few Mon Q&As there are obv procedural/legal hurdles to clear and documentation that has to be lodged with the relevant bodies. Worth reiterating the first step on the Attanasio route was a private shareholder transaction with Foulger. I suspect this vehicle for creating shares within the company/club is more complex." On Attanasio pulling out " If anything the noises we hear is they are more committed than ever. I think they may have got the bug. In a good way. When you consider that dialogue first started over 12 months ago that underlines the commitment of individuals who are very successful in other areas of their business dealings and by definition would not enter any new venture lightly. Another season of Championship football might be an eye opener, given the stated aim of promotion and a return to the PL, but again they don't strike me as people who would not have done due diligence and scenario planning. On the 'delay', I would refer you to the previous points made here.  From what we are led to believe it is not indicative of any unforeseen issues"

Are the Pink'Un boys totally in the dark, being fed a line or imparting exactly where we are? Hard to say, but they have been consistent with their reporting on the matter. I'm sure they could have a dug deeper, but recognise they have some fences to mend. 

3 hours ago, GMF said:

Excepted that it is only an option.

Nonetheless surely the AA's set out the order of ceremony which, if changed, require ammendment accordingly (Statement or Question?)

Why would it make sense to allocate the new shares ahead of the C pref conversion? The removal of the  7% interest on the latter could finance the equivalent of the Blackburn ticket subsidy every month.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

The Pink'Un boys in their Q&A today on the latest position re. the share allotment and / or Attanasio completing a takeover: 

Paddy :"Truth be told we haven't checked in the last few days with the club but prior to that the clear sense was nothing was imminent and there was no undue concern in terms of an announcement. We have said here the last few Mon Q&As there are obv procedural/legal hurdles to clear and documentation that has to be lodged with the relevant bodies. Worth reiterating the first step on the Attanasio route was a private shareholder transaction with Foulger. I suspect this vehicle for creating shares within the company/club is more complex." On Attanasio pulling out " If anything the noises we hear is they are more committed than ever. I think they may have got the bug. In a good way. When you consider that dialogue first started over 12 months ago that underlines the commitment of individuals who are very successful in other areas of their business dealings and by definition would not enter any new venture lightly. Another season of Championship football might be an eye opener, given the stated aim of promotion and a return to the PL, but again they don't strike me as people who would not have done due diligence and scenario planning. On the 'delay', I would refer you to the previous points made here.  From what we are led to believe it is not indicative of any unforeseen issues"

Are the Pink'Un boys totally in the dark, being fed a line or imparting exactly where we are? Hard to say, but they have been consistent with their reporting on the matter. I'm sure they could have a dug deeper, but recognise they have some fences to mend. 

Shef, I don't mean this at all unkindly but I think they are happy to say as little as possible about this because they are football reporters and this at bottom is a business story, and so not really their area of expertise. I think Connor Southwell admitted as much. That said, I would agree with their general comments that Attanasio is not likely to have been put off by the prospect of continued Championship football. I get the impression he did due diligence and is in it for the long haul.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Shef, I don't mean this at all unkindly but I think they are happy to say as little as possible about this because they are football reporters and this at bottom is a business story, and so not really their area of expertise. I think Connor Southwell admitted as much. That said, I would agree with their general comments that Attanasio is not likely to have been put off by the prospect of continued Championship football. I get the impression he did due diligence and is in it for the long haul.

Ha, as far as I am concerned you can be as unkind as you want about modern journalists!

Having dabbled at this, I know how little it takes to pull together an "authoritative" article, it amazes me how some build an "oracle of truth" reputation, especially given the "third degrees" I regularly endured in my professional day job!

At least Paddy was being honest about none of them actually checking recently what was happening, which is the only thing in their response I trust!

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Excepted that it is only an option.

Nonetheless surely the AA's set out the order of ceremony which, if changed, require ammendment accordingly (Statement or Question?)

Why would it make sense to allocate the new shares ahead of the C pref conversion? The removal of the  7% interest on the latter could finance the equivalent of the Blackburn ticket subsidy every month.

The AA’s were altered to reflect the introduction of the C-preference shares last year. The priorities of payment, in the event of a company collapse, aren’t altered by the issuing of additional ordinary shares, so no changes are needed. So, I’m afraid, your final paragraph makes no sense whatsoever.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

At least Paddy was being honest about none of them actually checking recently what was happening, which is the only thing in their response I trust!

Call me cynical, if you want, but I suspect, even if Paddy had of checked, the answer would have still been the same, there’s no news at the moment. Still, there’s a board meeting on Friday - who knows what will happen… 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GMF said:

The AA’s were altered to reflect the introduction of the C-preference shares last year. The priorities of payment, in the event of a company collapse, aren’t altered by the issuing of additional ordinary shares, so no changes are needed. So, I’m afraid, your final paragraph makes no sense whatsoever.

Perhaps these six connected  equations tell a story. The question is whether the story has changed?

(a) 98,200 x 100 = 9,820,000.

(b) 100,000,000 ÷ 811,425 = 123.24.

(c) 811,425 x 10% = 81,142.5.

(d) 81,142.5 x 123.24 = 10,000,000.

(e) 194,512 x 123.24 = 23,971,659.

(f) (10,000,000 x7%) ÷12 months = just under £60,000 per month = 4,000 tickets x £15 subsidy for 1 match.

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps these six connected  equations tell a story. The question is whether the story has changed?

(f) (10,000,000 x7%) ÷12 months = just under £60,000 per month = 4,000 tickets x £15 subsidy for 1 match.

Looks like they’re trying to tell whatever story you want them to!

Come back Tangie, all is forgiven! 

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, GMF said:

Not too much smoke or too many mirrors for those of us who don't need any of Mr. Sunak's extra maths lessons.

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Not too much smoke or too many mirrors for those of us who don't need any of Mr. Sunak's extra maths lessons.

I remember you from school. Those times tables where you struggled with the words but always knew the tune...

Edited by nutty nigel
✖️🎵🎶
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

EXCLUSIVE!] Rachel Riley Countdown Pics (See inside!)

Rachel looks to be struggling with this also.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I remember you from school. Those times tables where you struggled with the words but always knew the tune...

Hi there Nigel. Delighted to reconnect with someone else who went to Eaton and can spell it with an 'a'.

9 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

EXCLUSIVE!] Rachel Riley Countdown Pics (See inside!)

Rachel looks to be struggling with this also.

So are most of the police force since crime went digital.

11 hours ago, GMF said:

😍😜🤩

Just now, Soldier on said:

With the flurry of activity on this thread I thought letters may have started arriving. Sadly not 

We’re just doing it to keep @TIL 1010 happy! 🙂

On 24/03/2023 at 15:44, essex canary said:

As an ordinary Trust Member who has read the Tom Smith interview, I was simply trying to reflect that there is no mind blowing content other than general chat about Attanasio's involvement.

@essex canary does Connor Southwell's report (now on the Pink'Un app - https://app.pinkun.com/23416535/content.html) on the interview published by the Trust represent your take on things? It doesn't seem like Tom was pushed too hard about what Attanasio is actually planning - just the same mantra we have been hearing since the Spuds game last year.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

@essex canary does Connor Southwell's report (now on the Pink'Un app - https://app.pinkun.com/23416535/content.html) on the interview published by the Trust represent your take on things? It doesn't seem like Tom was pushed too hard about what Attanasio is actually planning - just the same mantra we have been hearing since the Spuds game last year.

It is also on My Football Writer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GMF said:

We’re just doing it to keep @TIL 1010 happy! 🙂

That 2 pages i mentioned is turning into a stroll in the park Gary.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

So are most of the police force since crime went digital.

A poor attempt to swerve away from you being the major source of ridicule on this forum old boy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Good to see that that section of the interview has been put in the wider public domain as I am sure we would agree that it needed to be to give non-Trust members the opportunity to view for themselves. 

That said I think you will be agreeing with my view that whilst it is all well and good from a soft perspective, it would be good to see the hard side. Tom did use the word 'robust' somewhere in the interview. It wouid be good to see that represented in actions as per the title of this thread.