Sign in to follow this  
crab man

Today's games

Whilst is pleasing to see other clubs around us drop points, focussing on our own games is where it's at for me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Why a different result? We’re on form having players that should strike fear into the heart of any opposition team in this league. We’ve just had Dean Smith at the helm for too long is all. We should have no fear. At all. 

That’s my opinion.

play off final is a while away yet so things may be very different by then

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Watford in freefall, losing to one of the most out form teams in the EFL.

We can pretty much end Sunderland's season with a win tomorrow, and it has to be a win.

Unfortunately that utter shambles from us earlier in the season when we just couldn't win means there is no margin for error here on in, and that's probably just to make the play-offs.

Perhaps, even in these mercenary days, a football club needs to have a heart, something which no one would accuse Watford of having.

EDIT: I hope so, anyway.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I wouldn't rule out Barnsley. They walloped Plymouth today, and that's now eight wins and two draws in their last ten. Win their two games in hand and they're level with Ipswich. 

Trouble is wacky they all have their dips in form. Plymouth are having theirs but I recall that have lost their GK to injury ? 
Binners are in form sadly. I think they’ll get second . Barnsley must be due a dip. I bloody hope not . 

Just to get carried away for a moment before one of this board's wise old sages appears to caution that things just don't happen like this.

However, 9 points this week; Sheffield U (who are involved in the FA cup next weekend) lose again midweek away to Sunderland before we play Sheff.  U. iimmediately after the international break. Win that and we're level on points having played a game more.

Realistically,  we need to win probably 10 out of 11 to have a chance of 2nd. Unfortunately our run-in is a wee bit too difficult for that I fear. But I'll dream for the time being, nonetheless.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2023 at 17:13, Danke bitte said:

Why a different result? We’re on form having players that should strike fear into the heart of any opposition team in this league. We’ve just had Dean Smith at the helm for too long is all. We should have no fear. At all. 

You still think that we would beat boro in a play off final ?

I have changed my opinion in as much as we won’t be in the play offs now