Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Signings for next season under wagner

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

The financial statements, supported by Richens BTS video, clearly stated all the "parachute payments" (or future media income) had secured the £65m of short term loans that are repayable in full by May 2024. If that doesn't confirm that all the parachute payments are going to be used in repaying the £65m of loans then nothing will. 

Attanasio will restructure the debts in exchange for the recent share allotment however, which will free up the parachute payments for use in team building.

Centre backs and a captain are a minimum requirement imo.

You bet we do!

image.png.5ff6c1b2a762a46d74d84298f0d8612f.png

I think Mumba will be out on loan again. He's nowhere near Giannoulis and McCallum levels and Wagner seems unconvinced by them. We have other attacking wide options.

Although I don’t know of any ideal players to sign (I don’t follow players at other clubs), here are my thoughts on the different positions:

GK - Although a while back I did see some say they think McGovern might still spend another year here, I find that hard to believe as he will be 39 this summer. Krul is out of contract next summer, so I think he might be sold to lower the wage bill and generate some funds. However, if he is I think we would probably only sign an experienced free agent to replace him, to save money

FB - Aarons is out of contract next summer and I’m convinced he will be sold, as I can’t see him signing another one. Although Byram is great when fit, I can’t see him being offered another one because he’s so injury prone. Although I’ve heard Mumba is playing more as WB rather than a FB, I still think he’ll replace Aarons next season if we fail to get promoted. Although some think Giannoulis might be sold, I’m not very convinced as it would mean we would have to sign two. I do sometimes wonder if Sorensen might be converted to a FB though, as that seems to be where he plays most 

CB - I was surprised Tomkinson was our only CB sent out on loan, as we have several coming through. Although there are rumours Omobamidele is being tracked I can’t see him going yet as we have a lot of issues in that position - Hanley ageing, Gibson out of contract next summer (although he is starting to look like he was two years ago now), and Tomkinson only just coming through

DM - McLean has signed a new two year contract, but I don’t think Gibbs is ready yet and I’ve never been convinced by Sorensen either (and I do wonder if he might be converted to a defender)

AM/WG - I’m convinced Rashica will go, but I think Hernandez and Dowell will get offered new contracts. With Rowe, Nunez, Sara, and Tzolis as well I don’t think we have any major issues there. Springett, who has already looked good is also out on loan this season

ST - We will need to sign a new one. As if Pukki signs the new contract I can only see him as a backup, and Wagner still needs to work on developing Idah

I have to say I think Sara and Nunez were ideal signings - young midfielders who are already first team level. Although Nunez hasn’t stood out much yet, I do believe he will come through. Sara’s already looking great though

Edited by HazzaJet

13 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think Mumba will be out on loan again. He's nowhere near Giannoulis and McCallum levels and Wagner seems unconvinced by them. We have other attacking wide options.

Well, he's got five goals, six assists, and four MOTM so far this season, which are much better stats than most loanees manage (compare, for example, what Ramsey did (I think at Cheltenham, so a similar gig), and yet Ramsey showed himself ready for the Championship).

Whether Mumba can ever be a FB is uncertain, though. His current manager says he has weaknesses defensively and his height is always going to be an issue, so his future may be as a wing back, so you may be right about him going back out on loan but not on account of his lack of ability but because Wagner may see no role for him in our set-up.

Just read an article about Jean Paul van Hecke. He's 22, a CB and currently at Brighton but out of contract in the summer.

Apparently spent last season at Blackburn and ending up being their player of the year. Maybe one to take a punt on? 

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Just read an article about Jean Paul van Hecke. He's 22, a CB and currently at Brighton but out of contract in the summer.

Apparently spent last season at Blackburn and ending up being their player of the year. Maybe one to take a punt on? 

Looking Ok against, Stoke tonight