Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

Patience

There are no quck-fixes to the issues with the current squad. Rebuilding is going to take time and hard work and there will be quite a job in the summer to manage the composition of the squad. In the meantime we have no choice but to make the most of what we have. 

The players are short on confidence and just learning the new methods under Wagner. We need to get behind the team and be patient with whatever transpires. No booing while they pass it around at the back. No grumbling about misplaced passes or missed shots. Just 100% support from start to finish.

We can still challenge for the playoffs, but we need togetherness and a decent atmosphere. Come on. Let's be 'avin ya! 

Edited by Petriix
  • Like 7

Totally agree, and I'd go a bit further and suggest forgetting entirely about the prospect of promotion this season.

When I say that I don't mean we shouldn't allow for the possibility that we might make it, but it'll lighten the mood each game if people just take each game with zero expectations and look to encourage the players to be the best they can be rather than bemoaning the fact they're not as good as we'd like... yet. And no I'm not suggesting not to have a big moan if the wheels come off... once the game's over

We really have no deep financial worries if we don't get promoted. As you say, let's be 'avin ya!

• Like 3

Not sure I can agree with all that. I only turn up to boo. It's the only fun I have in life. 😂 I hate it when we play well. All that cheering.

Being serious, yes it would be great but for some reason and it's not just us but most football fans that have no patience any more. We all demand success and are not willing to wait. 

• Like 1

Im not sure on that one tbh. I think most of us are pretty aware of our limits. 16 or 17 in premier is about the best we can hope for. Problem is there has been some dross at the lower reaches of that league that we have managed to look like world beaters. Likewise the champs is decidedly average. We should be beating around 15-18 of the sides in second gear. 

Dont think that is impatience or getting above our station. Simply shows how poor a certain D. Smith was for us. 

What was success this season? Id say top six and we are still not that far off despute neing dreadful for large periods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

There are no quck-fixes to the issues with the current squad. Rebuilding is going to take time and hard work and there will be quite a job in the summer to manage the composition of the squad. In the meantime we have no choice but to make the most of what we have. 

The players are short on confidence and just learning the new methods under Wagner. We need to get behind the team and be patient with whatever transpires. No booing while they pass it around at the back. No grumbling about misplaced passes or missed shots. Just 100% support from start to finish.

We can still challenge for the playoffs, but we need togetherness and a decent atmosphere. Come on. Let's be 'avin ya! 

I think that you should cut'n'paste this onto TWTD tonight 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Well I thought the crowd were pretty good tonight. Not too negative about the goal and created a decent atmosphere in the second half. More of the same required. 

• Like 1

The crowd were very good, massively assisted by the drummer.

Anything can happen. 3 winnable games coming up which places us well in the play-offs 

Don't rule out Wembley glory just yet!

More especially we are beginning to create an identity again, something we failed to do in all of Dean Smith's tenure.

Players and supporters are beginning to know what to expect from the team and that makes a huge difference.

Lets just continue to expect an improvement. But not go overboard because we won last night. We turned our possession into goals this time. 

Lets hope the players have regained some confidence. I certainly liked that we did mix it last night with Kenny hitting some longer balls just to stop Hull getting comfortable like Brizzle did. Idah's presence made it easier to target someone rather than relying on ball to feet every time.

• Like 1