KiwiScot

Birmingham Game On 28th January Postponed

As Birmingham made it to the 4th round of the FA Cup and no date for rearranged fixture yet. That is all.

Annoying as had bought train tickets before I realised the possible cup date clash and they are non-refundable.  A new thing is that there’s also £10 per ticket to change the date so too expensive to do.  That’s £33 down the swanny😕.

I guess if anyone can use an adult and child ticket (with family railcard) for the 28th from Liverpool St to Norwich at 1100, and back at 1900, give me a shout!!! 

33 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I might be wrong but I don't think postponed league fixtures can be rescheduled until the QF weekend?

Looks like 3 of the other postponed Championship fixtures are being played on 21st February. Looking at our fixtures, that might be a nice little spot for it. It would give 3 home games in 4 matches, and in a run that has mainly winnable looking games.

Edited by CaptCanary

13 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

Looks like 3 of the other postponed Championship fixtures are being played on 21st February. Looking at our fixtures, that might be a nice little spot for it. It would give 3 home games in 4 matches, and in a run that has mainly winnable looking games.

Hopefully make it the Wednesday instead as I'm away the 21st!

6 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Hopefully make it the Wednesday instead as I'm away the 21st!

Another one from the FA Cup weekend has been rescheduled for 7th March. 

Swansea vs Stoke - 21st Feb - 7.45pm

Millwall vs Burnley - 21st Feb - 7.45pm

Rotherham vs Sunderland - 21st Feb - 7.45pm

Reading vs Sheff Utd - 7th March - 8pm

Six more matches to be rearranged.

The only matches going ahead as planned are;

Hull vs QPR

Middlesbrough vs Watford

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Annoying as had bought train tickets before I realised the possible cup date clash and they are non-refundable.  A new thing is that there’s also £10 per ticket to change the date so too expensive to do.  That’s £33 down the swanny😕.

I guess if anyone can use an adult and child ticket (with family railcard) for the 28th from Liverpool St to Norwich at 1100, and back at 1900, give me a shout!!! 

Yes it's b*oody annoying when this happens.

I've found that if I buy tickets through Chiltern Railways I'm less p*ssed off as they don't charge for refunds if you give them 24hrs notice. Otherwise it's a fiver. 

Every little helps....

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Have you considered using the Capital Canaries travel?  It's £34 for a flexible return valid for a month, bookable until 9am on the Thursday before a match.  There is no annual membership fee anymore, so it's a very good deal.

Just now, Matt Juler said:

Have you considered using the Capital Canaries travel?  It's £34 for a flexible return valid for a month, bookable until 9am on the Thursday before a match.  There is no annual membership fee anymore, so it's a very good deal.

I have, but it’s cheaper to go solo while my lad is under 16 -  with the family railcard it often only costs £17 return.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Yes it's b*oody annoying when this happens.

I've found that if I buy tickets through Chiltern Railways I'm less p*ssed off as they don't charge for refunds if you give them 24hrs notice. Otherwise it's a fiver. 

Every little helps....

Oddly, Greater Anglia have only just introduced this pay-to-swap thing - £10 per ticket is ridiculous given one Is for a kid. I shall bear this in mind next time! 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Having made a fuss when booking a holiday around the fixture list, now we’ll be away for the rearranged fixture… oh well.