What will be, will be I guess.

I said it the other week, credit to him for what he's doing - he's literarly ignoring any internal negativities and just putting his all when on the pitch... So far his skills have been letting him down, but I felt we really saw them starting to come back today - little touches, cross-field passes, layoffs - So much better.

I really went off him with the whole Farke/Sulk-gate incident -  But seeing how he's  digging deep to get his career back on track, I don't care why or who he's doing it for.  Be it a new contract, or a move away, it's just good to see a player hitting this face on.

I mean, he played well. But why does he need to immediately follow up with a comment about contract/future via social media? Just keep playing football and the offers might come, but saying you look good in the shirt isn’t going to convince anyone but the social media crowd that already either follow you because they love you to the ends of the earth or they want to troll you. 

So annoying 

Might be the club is the one refusing him a new contract and he wants one and is getting fans behind him. Certainly “we are a good match” suggests it. But who knows? It’s all bit cryptic. 

11 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I mean, he played well. But why does he need to immediately follow up with a comment about contract/future via social media? Just keep playing football and the offers might come, but saying you look good in the shirt isn’t going to convince anyone but the social media crowd that already either follow you because they love you to the ends of the earth or they want to troll you. 

So annoying 

Be fair, Sweary. It's fairly obvious that the intended message behind Todd's post is he loves the club. We are dealing with a complex and seemingly immature individual who wants to be loved by the fans and rather sadly is trying to wave a magic wand so that all the hate disappears. That's the message behind the message.

Todd has had difficulty in coping with a loss of form, with being dropped from the team, and any adversity at all. His form slumped to an alarming level. He has been through agony and back.

Now maybe, just maybe, he has come transcended it all and his career can start moving forward again. 

On one level his posts may be annoying. Personally, I find them sad and slightly desperate, but let's not put too critical an interpretation on them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Be fair, Sweary. It's fairly obvious that the intended message behind Todd's post is he loves the club. We are dealing with a complex and seemingly immature individual who wants to be loved by the fans and rather sadly is trying to wave a magic wand so that all the hate disappears. That's the message behind the message.

Todd has had difficulty in coping with a loss of form, with being dropped from the team, and any adversity at all. His form slumped to an alarming level. He has been through agony and back.

Now maybe, just maybe, he has come transcended it all and his career can start moving forward again. 

On one level his posts may be annoying. Personally, I find them sad and slightly desperate, but let's not put too critical an interpretation on them.

Fair point. I don’t actually see them unless they’re posted on here so I can ignore them. Hope his form does continue 

Why can’t people just get behind the guy. He’s a local lad, a terrific footballer who we should all be wanting to become our talisman. It’s not often that Norfolk produces such a talent, we should treasure it.

He’s had his difficulties mentally, that’s clear, isn’t that all the more reason to support him? If he wasn’t a footballer you’d all have an arm round his back, so why slate him because , presumably he earns a lot of money? Money doesn’t buy mental health immunity, it could be argued it has the opposite effect.

I feel like Todd’s best footballing years are still to come. He showing signs of coming out the other side of his troubles, and whoever gets him on that other side will have a hell of a player. I just hope it’s us.

Todd, if by some freak chance you read this, keep letting your football do the talking and make sure you’re surrounded by good people. Oh, and sign a contract with us please. 

• Like 4

Another symptom of the club's failure to properly engage with the fan base. If the marketing / media team were on their mettle they would be working with Todd to use his social media to both the club and Todd's advantage. I do sense again the club is mismanaging this.

I don't blame Todd, its what people his age do. If he is pushing the club to make, or improve, an offer the club could control this better "working" with him to avoid allowing him to utilise social media.

If the club has decided to part with Cantwell, sharing it with Todd's team so early is a massive faux pas. 

Whatever, the club seems to not be engaging properly with their own players, let alone the fans.

Which is weird given the owners' media backgrounds .....

9 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Might be the club is the one refusing him a new contract and he wants one and is getting fans behind him. Certainly “we are a good match” suggests it. But who knows? It’s all bit cryptic. 

If so, he's probably making an assumption he shouldn't - that the club hierarchy cares what the fans think.