Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Mfw brilliant article.

Sums it up perfectly to me.

Will somebody of significance within the club read it? I reckon so. Will they understand it? Doubtful. Most importantly, will they act upon it positively? I’ve no faith in that.

1 hour ago, NWC said:

In fairness, if there is no reaction to this excellent article, we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

I would fully expect there to be some sort of riposte from the club  - here's waiting!

Seriously? What dream world do you live in where the club responds to random fan articles on the internet? Show me any football club which does?

2 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

There is truth here definitely personally  I have a theory that the players were micro managed under Farke to such an extent that they knew exactly how to respond to each situation on the pitch and would have been punished if they went against this I.e not playing it out from the back or taking a long range shot on. Even if said option was totally wrong.

Whereas Smith is more relaxed on this and actually this is confusing players more than it is helping them. So Smith yeah play it from the back but knock it long if they are pressing effectively or take the shot on but keep possession if you want.

Basically like a kid in a sweet shop whose been told they can only have a mars bar all there life then all of sudden someone says you can have a mars or a snickers or a double decker or even a toffee crisp cue panic related meltdown.

Smith didn’t describe his brand of football the way you have 

2 hours ago, NWC said:

In fairness, if there is no reaction to this excellent article, we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

I would fully expect there to be some sort of riposte from the club  - here's waiting!

Highly unlikely there will be a formal response by the club specifically on this article, however it doesn't mean they are totally tone deaf. The club is very mindful of what's being said on social media and on forums such as this, hence Smith's comments in press conferences and some subtle other things he's done such as applauding the away support prior to the Sheff Utd match kick-off.

I'm starting to sense Smith is becoming a middle-man in all this with little or no supporter interaction with Webber, and a rather lack lustre response from the players in recent matches.

This is a fantastic opportunity for a 'reboot' and get this promotion challenge back on the road.

7 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Not sure at this juncture. Afraid you'll have to wait for the minutes 🙂

I am guessing Zoe won't be at this meeting. Seeing as her earnings appear to eat up around 4 times the Away Members fee probably not in her interests to be there. As Richens made clear that the only way to vote is with our feet, happy to oblige on that issue.

On past performance the Notes of Meeting are unlikely to precede the AGM so unlikely to be helpful to shareholders. If it wasn't for the latter bailing out TV receipts 20 years ago they wouldn't have had the opportunity for mega earnings for Premier League failure anyway but in their Trussonomic world even that isn't enough.

'If the club expects our unwavering support, it needs to give us reasons to provide it.'

Which for 90% is winning.  And in general the same number will not worry too much how it is done.I very really here negative comments when it is us time wasting, engaging in what is now known as shthousery. As long as we win, sat on top then all is OK.

I am sure that Smith/Shakespeare want the best (if only for financial reasons). But something is clearly not working.  Good players seem not to be 'good' so many times, any more.  Against Burnley we looked bereft of ideas beyond bringing on Onel, who is now all too often a one trick pony. Simple passes go astray on a regular basis. The once clinical Pukki is missing the target, even from 12 yards. Corners pffft.

This is not the club before relegation to the third tier, when average journey men filled the squad. We have been the beneficiaries of large sums of money. Not only PL largesse but over a hundred million in recent transfer fees. Under Farke there was a belief that anything could happen. 3 nil down to Forest with less than 15mins, losing at home to Millwall. Now many of us just sit during the game and wonder how much more there is to endure. Anything off the field will be forgiven if it is happening, or looks like it probably might happen on the field.  But it is not.