Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

Peter Thorne V Palace was THE worst ever performance by a 'professional' I've ever seen

I have to say it again. Peter Thorne''s performance against Crystal palace was the worst ever performance I''ve ever seen by a so called professional. I think it is rabidly clear that Thorne is no where near up to Championship level football. In fact, I would go so far as to say that he would struggle to perform at Conference level. He''s clearly completely past it. He''s got no pace, no flair, he can''t head it and his movement off the ball is non-existent. He simply has no goal threat at all. It''s time he did the decent thing and left. He''s Steve Walsh Mark II. If he isn''t out of this club at the end of the season I will be seriously disappointed.

On another point, given Thorne''s incompetence, why isn''t Johannsson playing centre forward with McVeigh wide right? When McVeigh came on V Palace, he was light years ahead of the rest of our team in terms of getting the ball down and playing it to feet. And that''s what this team needs. More quality, and less huffers and puffers who hit long balls.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

On another point, given Thorne''s incompetence, why isn''t Johannsson playing centre forward with McVeigh wide right? When McVeigh came on V Palace, he was light years ahead of the rest of our team in terms of getting the ball down and playing it to feet. And that''s what this team needs. More quality, and less huffers and puffers who hit long balls.

[/quote]

I think my biggest concern with Worthy Poirot is he too stubborn to admit or just cannot see that he is making mistakes.  We can all see where the problems are, no wide right midfielder, sitting too deep as a team etc. 

mcveigh isnt playing because in worthys eyes he is gonna be off in the summer...

As for bad in training Guess who Rio Ferdinand reckoned was worst trainer at manutd???

Gabriel Heinze, a quality footballer

and the club joker??

Quinton fortune - championship standard player

Its just unlike McVeigh and Hughes, Heinze plays every week when fit, Fortune plays in the league cup matches...

Spot on, CP!  Doubt if we''ll ever find out why (not) though...  Can only assume Worthless wants to try and recreate what he hears once happened for Cardiff between Earnie and Thorne.  Never mind the better options - if it worked for Cardiff, it can work for us.... Usual inept stuff...

I always thought the writing was on the wall when the Dereham Town Centre Halves marked him out of the game in the pre-season friendly. He managed one

goal in the 88th minute but thats because they brought on their reserves by then.

I would''ve thought that McV right midfield & Johanson alongside Earniw would be the best formation. They could even swap occasionally through the match to confuse the oppenents (& us).

Think we need a jumble sale at the end of the season:

Thorne, Jarret, Hughes.