Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Tonight's games

Results tonight just reinforcing the level of delusions some of our fans are facing criticising where we are at. Apparently we only beat bad teams but all the supposedly better teams are struggling to do the same.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

Results tonight just reinforcing the level of delusions some of our fans are facing criticising where we are at. Apparently we only beat bad teams but all the supposedly better teams are struggling to do the same.

I think a lot of this can be explained by the fact that there are very few teams in this league now willing to play an expansive game, especially against the parachute sides. Bristol City and Swansea, who else? And I agree with you that the other 'big boys' are having the same problems as us in breaking teams down. 

That doesn't make watching our games any easier. And I still think our midfield is a complete mess. We may have better players in there than last season (Núñez, Gibbs), but how they are organised still seems haphazard.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I think a lot of this can be explained by the fact that there are very few teams in this league now willing to play an expansive game, especially against the parachute sides. Bristol City and Swansea, who else? And I agree with you that the other 'big boys' are having the same problems as us in breaking teams down. 

That doesn't make watching our games any easier. And I still think our midfield is a complete mess. We may have better players in there than last season (Núñez, Gibbs), but how they are organised still seems haphazard.

You make a good point. I think Championship clubs were a bit more, shall we say, expressive in previous seasons. They'd just give it a go against the 'big boys' in this league. Whereas now, it is breaking down two banks of 4 on the edge of their area, and they have no qualms just going direct all game.

The other thing that people forget is the away games we dominated under Farke were with zero fans in a covid environment. That's a very different psychological mindset.

• Like 1

Swansea are only in the top six because of the rule that says the top six has to be made up by teams we haven't played yet. Reading must be on borrowed time...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

You make a good point. I think Championship clubs were a bit more, shall we say, expressive in previous seasons. They'd just give it a go against the 'big boys' in this league. Whereas now, it is breaking down two banks of 4 on the edge of their area, and they have no qualms just going direct all game.

The other thing that people forget is the away games we dominated under Farke were with zero fans in a covid environment. That's a very different psychological mindset.

I think they tried to do this to us 2 seasons ago but they couldn’t stop Emi. It’s harder for us this season but I see no reason to change my pre-season opinion that we should win this league this season.