nutty nigel

Kathy's Famous World Cup Sweepstake

Here we go then. 

After 31 days, 64 games, 166 goals, 221 yellow cards, 5 red cards at 8 venues, it's down to just one match, The World Cup final.

Argentina (Parma) v France (me, embarrassingly)

As yesterday, there are still a couple of things to play for. @GMF's two minute opener for Canada is still the quickest goal. Unlikely though it is, it can still be beaten. Also another goal for a number 26 means Nutty and I will have to buy yet another bottle of wine.

I'll be back on here later to show the final results and who won what. 

Thank you all for your support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that's the World Cup over for another four years. First of all, can I thank you for your generosity taking part and donations. We raised £240 for the CSF (including  £20 donation from @TIL 1010)  and £100 for the pot in memory of Wooster. 

Congratulations to Argentina and Parma - worthy winners and also saved me the embarrassment of winning a competition I organised myself twice in a row! 

Below is the final table and summary.

Here's a reminder of who won what. 

image.png.dddd123f38ff768eae7f5f497d5cced9.png

* donated to the pot.

Winner:  £150 Parma (Argentina)

Runner up: £50 Kathy (France)

Third place: £20 Til1010 (Croatia)

Quickest goal: (to replace first penalty. Eddie won it and donated his prize back): Stadium tour Canada 2 minutes (GMF)

First red: Wales (Wacky) CSF Goodie bag.

First yellow: Qatar (Hector) Goodie bag.

First VAR: Qatar (Hector) Stadium Tour 

First team out on pens: Japan (NCFC Sinky) CSF Goodie bag.

Highest shirt number to score a goal: 26 Portugal (NFN FC) and Argentina (Parma) Bottle of wine.

@GMF @NCFC Sinky @NFN FC @Hector Brockelbank  @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man @Parma Ham's gone mouldy can you pm your contact details to myself or Nutty and we can arrange for you to get your prizes, and to those of you who won wine,. there are alternatives available. If you dont drink, let us know.

Roll on the Euros!

Edited by Kathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Kathy, It's been an absolute pleasure being part of this. 

I've added the £100 to our presentation pot in Wooster's memory along with @TIL 1010's generous £20 prize donation.

531934319_Signaturetotals18dec1.jpg.e9f55c4d5f79b86a7fd0aca9b9a7130a.jpg

Thanks everyone🙏

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kathy said:

Well that's the World Cup over for another four years. First of all, can I thank you for your generosity taking part and donations. We raised £240 for the CSF (including  £20 donation from @TIL 1010)  and £100 for the pot in memory of Wooster. 

Congratulations to Argentina and Parma - worthy winners and also saved me the embarrassment of winning a competition I organised myself twice in a row! 

Below is the final table and summary.

Here's a reminder of who won what. 

image.png.dddd123f38ff768eae7f5f497d5cced9.png

* donated to the pot.

Winner:  £150 Parma (Argentina)

Runner up: £50 Kathy (France)

Third place: £20 Til1010 (Croatia)

Quickest goal: (to replace first penalty. Eddie won it and donated his prize back): Stadium tour Canada 2 minutes (GMF)

First red: Wales (Wacky) CSF Goodie bag.

First yellow: Qatar (Hector) Goodie bag.

First VAR: Qatar (Hector) Stadium Tour 

First team out on pens: Japan (NCFC Sinky) CSF Goodie bag.

Highest shirt number to score a goal: 26 Portugal (NFN FC) and Argentina (Parma) Bottle of wine.

@GMF @NCFC Sinky @NFN FC @Hector Brockelbank  @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man @Parma Ham's gone mouldy can you pm your contact details to myself or Nutty and we can arrange for you to get your prizes, and to those of you who won wine,. there are alternatives available. If you dont drink, let us know.

Roll on the Euros!

Thank you for doing this for the PUPS @Kathy 🙏🏽…absolutely brilliant!….🏆🎼💪🏽💫💰

Totally delighted to have won and Mx Parma will get the posh pink slippers for Christmas now 😂👌👌👌🎄 🎁…. 👠 

Parma 

• Like 2

Good evening @Kathy

Just a quick note to say a belated thank you for running the World Cup sweepstake. A great idea for a great cause. Brilliant idea to have such a variety of prize’s for different scenarios occurring throughout the competition. Who ever would have thought Qatar would win me a prize!

The CSF goodie bag arrived this week and has been a hit with all the family. My son has claimed the drinks bottle, my daughter has the key ring on her school bag and my wife has the bag for life. Not too many of those in the West Country supermarkets! 

Please pass on my thanks & appreciation to CSF Emma. Our club & the CSF are blessed to have such passionate, caring & dedicated  people like yourselves & @nutty nigel

OTBC 💛💚

kind regards 

Hector 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You're very welcome Hector! It was great fun. That thing with the highest shirt number scorer was challenging and I couldn't have done it without Nutty's help. We got there in the end though.

We'll be back next year with the Euros 💪

• Thanks 1