Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Thank you

Just a quick thank you on behalf of NCISA for the fantastic turnout last night. I had been worrying all day that the meeting might not be a success but you showed my misgivings to be unfounded in no uncertain terms. As football fans go City fans are very tolerant bunch and it takes a lot for them to turn out in force on a freezing March night . I thought you all conducted yourselves wonderfully well especially when it was clear how passionately some of you felt. The few pro Worthy supporters were treated with respect and allowed to have their say without heckling.

Will it do any good? Well I really dont know. Unfortunately the sound recording didnt come off (thanks for trying Vince) but the board will have heard by now what happened (A football club employee was present it turns out). We will now find out if they are as they claim a ''listening club'' or indeed if they are just a ''hearing club''.

There''s no doubt that we are the ones who have to say ''thank you'', Kathy.  Beforehand, I was really anxious that the evening might descend into recrimination and produce all the wrong headlines. The fact that it didn''t means all credit to the organisers, to Roy, and indeed to all those who attended, whatever their viewpoint.  All credit too to Peter Worsley for having the courage to give a different point of view. That took guts, IMO.

I believe the way the meeting went showed beyond doubt that those who want change do care, deeply, about our Club; that we are being responsible in what we are saying and doing (some of us do get a bit ''sharp'' on the Forum, I''m the first to acknowledge...); and that the Club really ought to listen (really listen) to its fans and act, now.

Thanks again. [:)]

Well done Kathy.

I think that NCISA came out of this with it''s reputation well and truly enhanced. I honestly believe the club felt (maybe even hoped) that the meeting would end up as a shouting match. If so they would have been severely disappointed. 

I really do wish that those fans (and the Board) who so desparately want to keep the management team, could actually present POSITIVE reasons to back their case. Instead their arguments are nearly always ''historic, nostalgic or focus on ''lack of money''. I have just got back from a business seminar in Newmarket and met up with an ex work friend from some 20 years back. The guy is an Ipswich fan but has sensible, balanced views. We were talking about Alan Lee and (apparently) he has only been caught offside 5 TIMES in all his games so far for Ipswich !!!! Now I only have his word for it but IF true just contrast that with the amount of times our strikers get caught offside in EVERY GAME!! If that is not a sad indictment of our coaching methods then I don''t know what is!    

Finally, Peter Wolsey maintained last night that ''Worthy has not had the money to buy quality players so he has had to make do with journeymen''.  Fair enough but could he please explain how on earth Watford have been transformed from a struggling Championship side into a Play Off and possible promotion outfit?  Firstly, their Board had the objectivity and courage to make the hard decision to sack Ray Lewington and secondly they had the vision and foresight to appoint a young, hungry, ambitious and forceful manager WITH NO PREVIOUS TRACK RECORD OF FIRST TEAM MANAGEMENT! Seems to be working for them I would say and with nothing like the money that Worthy has been given to spend. If only Delia and co would show this kind of leadership as regards footballing matters at our club!!  

Any idea how much was raised Kathy? Will there be a transcript on the NCISA site?

Not at the moment (I am at work) but I think the cost of the hall was about £450 and I know that was covered which is good because we didnt have to dip into NCISA academy money or Roys pocket. John was last seen disappearing into Barclays with a large black bucket so when I next speak to him I will find out the financial details.

[quote user="Kathy Blake"]Not at the moment (I am at work) but I think the cost of the hall was about £450 and I know that was covered which is good because we didnt have to dip into NCISA academy money or Roys pocket. John was last seen disappearing into Barclays with a large black bucket so when I next speak to him I will find out the financial details.[/quote]

If there is any shortfall please let me know as I will be more than willing to donate the difference.

Thats very generous and much appreciated but I know we broke even. Its a case of what we do with the surplus and at this moment I''m not sure what that will be. As soon as I find out I will post int on this message board. Thanks again.

Thankyou Kathy and NCISA for a calm, fair and well organised meeting.

It was worth getting cold for![:)]

thanks Kathy and all at NCISA

the meeting went very well. everyones point was taken and accepted...

i would of liked to of seen more Pro worthy activity, just because it would of given a different slant on the evening.... more points of view and opnion from those who were entitledd to speak up to defend Nigel as much as we were to speak up on his removal....

jas :)

Well done NCISA!

I posted before the meeting with my concerns/recommendations and I am glad everything went so well.

This could be a real turning point for the organisation. I have one further point - if there is any surplus, then the money should be kept with NCISA for its own benefit. Its all well and good raising money for the academy, but you should not ignore yourselves. If NCISA built up a surplus for its own ends, it would then maybe have some cash to invest in increasing its membership.

To me, it seems totally legitimate that NCISA should use funds raise to strengthen its own organisation and hence represent the fans ever stronger.

Nice sentiments NMTD but NCISAs running expenses are actually quite low. Apart from membership cards and a wad of end of season postage we dont spend too much on ourselves. I have been known to pinch the odd envelope from work and paper mysteriously appears every time I snap my fingers. We did pick up quite a few members last night and hopefully some more through the publicity. I am told the excess money willbe going to the Tactic Zone so Peterborough should benefit in the long run. Oops shouldnt have said that,. Supposed to be impartial. As I said thank you for your support and can I remind everyone we are holding a quiz on 16th March. I know this may seem a tad trivial at these serious times but these things have to be planned well in advance and we didnt realise how things would plan out in March. Moredetails from www.ncisa.co.uk.