Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Marseille will be our toughest test yet..predictions?

How do you think it's going to go? Will be a very tough one. Regardless of the jokes about the quality of the French divison they did finish 2nd, and while I doubt they will field a full 1st team 11 there is no doubt in my mind it's going to be quite a test for our players.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

It's going to be a long very hot game and the home team will be more used to the conditions. 

I suspect it will revert to 3 x 30 mins, so little more than a training session. 

We'll get beat 3 or 4 to 0 and people will say it's just pre-season as they did last year when a terrible Steve Bruce Newcastle team smashed us.

Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

We'll get beat 3 or 4 to 0 and people will say it's just pre-season as they did last year when a terrible Steve Bruce Newcastle team smashed us.

Or when we lost to Charlton in our last friendly just before we went and won the Championship at a canter. Absolutely nonsensical to read into pre-season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Or when we lost to Charlton in our last friendly just before we went and won the Championship at a canter. Absolutely nonsensical to read into pre-season.

Also true, I'll give you that.

My weather app says it will be 34 degrees in Marseille at 5pm on Saturday.

So I hope the players take their sun tan lotion.