Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

What's' our best XI (as it stands)& where will it finish?

I'll open with

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Giannoulis

Hayden  Lees-Melou

Rashica       Dowell       Cantwell

Pukki

... and 1st place

Any advance???

At champ level yeh perhaps Gibson although Id say that maybe Andrew O will have his spot by the end of the year.

Byram perhaps for Dimi? 

Hard to see a starting Xi without Byram.

Also this is the year for sergeant and idah, can see either one or them beating out dowell or cantwell.

Hate to say it but Kenny is must in for the championship (theme here....)

Think he will be above LM. Also would expect us to finish comfortably in the play offs as a minimum.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'll open with

Krul

Hayden  Lees-Melou

Pukki

... and 1st place

Any advance???

Replace Lees-Melou with McLean, Gibson with Andrew, Dimi with Byram and Dowell with either Sargent or Idah and I think we're there abouts. Top 6 minimum you'd like to hope, but would like us to challenge for the top 2 if we can get our tactics in order after last season's shyt show

19 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'll open with

Krul

Hayden  Lees-Melou

Pukki

... and 1st place

Any advance???

Tin hat on, but Omo for Hanley.  When we get the new AM for Dowell, then job done because of our bench.

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Tin hat on, but Omo for Hanley.  When we get the new AM for Dowell, then job done because of our bench.

Surely Hanley is better than Gibson?

From the team above, I'd put Omobamidele in for Gibson and McLean for Lees-Melou. I'd also be tempted to switch the attacking midfield so that Rashica is on the left, Cantwell is central and Dowell is on the right, but the whole thing feels lopsided as we don't have a natural right wing option in the squad, with Sinani probably being the closest thing we have.

Without seeing the other squads, I think that ours should be there or thereabouts. On paper, it's easily top six, probably top two.

Is that not the Farke team? Surely we must have the Smith team, as it’s not his fault we were utterly ****e last year, it’s the crap players! 🤔😉

Gunn

Byram, Omobamdele, Hanley, McCullum,

Hayden, Sorensen

Rashica, Cantwell, Rowe

Sargent.

Hows that, more than enough to take a good stab at this level and to develop players for next season.

Gibson to Boro, McLean to Rangers,  Pukki abroad & Aarons to Manure, sold to get the wages down and bring some cash into the squad……I for the first time have just acquired FM and done this, getting Hayden in was difficult! But that team got me up when available.

Edited by Indy

56 minutes ago, AJ said:

Surely Hanley is better than Gibson?

We need to play Omo, but still have the old left foot / right foot balance. Yes, Hanley is better than Gibson, but not necessarily on the left hand side. Also Gibson doesn't get flustered in the Champs and Hanley isn't that vocal either so, in my view, won't be a great miss in the Champs if Omo is there.