hogesar

Burnley - Big Loan Repayment if relegated

7 minutes ago, Heading South said:

We obviously spout rubbish from this forum , any sniff of an opponent’s demise , we think we know it all ……. lol

To be fair, Hoggy spouts a lot more sense than most on here and I doubt many disagreed at the time!   

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

To be fair, Hoggy spouts a lot more sense than most on here and I doubt many disagreed at the time!   

I believe the context of the post was in the vein of be careful of what you wish for with new owners.  Wasn't quite the death knell for Burnley that some expected it to be.

8 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

I believe the context of the post was in the vein of be careful of what you wish for with new owners.  Wasn't quite the death knell for Burnley that some expected it to be.

Well, it got them relegated!*

Burnley had a net transfer income of £50 million over the summer, whilst we spent £12 million net. Shows that they had to sell to balance the books, whilst we were "ambitious." So given our relative positions, I suppose that we'd have to agree that we are suffering because the board were too ambitious! 😏

image.png.fd9abe3a5fe734576a597716a2e48b92.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-burnley/transfers/verein/1132

* If we are working on the dubious assumption that it is owners that are the sole determinant of a club's success.

On 22/10/2022 at 17:24, Thirsty Lizard said:

Amazing - Burnley have won promotion after only 16 games. Must be a new record. 

😂🤣 How’s that record coming along ? 14 pts clear of third place ? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

😂🤣 How’s that record coming along ? 14 pts clear of third place ? 

What a stupid post - the point I was making - and it's totally obvious - is that NO TEAM is ever promoted after 16 games.