Pugin

Why Villa love Dean Smith

Aston villa Fans might love Dean Smith 

BUT i thought lambert was a World class Manager who could do no wrong who took at team from Lg1 to PL and kept us there with hardly any money to spend ,

Never did Lambert every produce anything like he did with us at his  five other clubs ,

The Jury for me is still out if Smith can Perform here or not 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The only idiots are the ones who called for Farkes head. 

Rome was not built in a day

And Farke couldn’t get a team built for the EPL either despite getting 2 attempts! How long were we supposed to wait? Forever?

Geez, let’s keep on failing shall we at the top level?

Farke has gone, get over it 😎

On 03/05/2022 at 11:33, Google Bot said:

There's also the outcome unravelling that we all sided with Webber and gave players benefit of the doubt - which saw the end of Farke's reign here.

I wanted Farke out at the time, but now I'm wondering if Webber's mistake in allowing the heart of this squad to leave, and replace with below average players has cost us a very good manager.

Smith has been brought in as an improvement to what we had - so he's heading for a hiding for that reason, not because his name or where he's come from.

Players that left after promotion but before last season started that could be considered the heart of the squad:

Permanent departures: Vrancic, Stiepermann, Buendia, Skipp (end of loan), Tettey. 
Loans: Hugill, Hernandez, Martin. 
Others (not really heart of team): Trybull, Leitner, Klose, Sinani, Drmic.

Though this has been gone over several times several were dictated. The only real "choices" were Hugill, Hernandez, Martin and Vrancic.

After 9 months and what we’ve seen the question is “do we love Smith ?” 

He’s a really nice guy, who most of us would like to do well, but he’s also not very dynamic or inspirational in his manor or in his interviews.

Perhaps at this moment of time what city needs is not a nice guy in charge but a Brian clough or Ron Saunders type , to get the motivation going again, a few trips up  and Mousehold heath  might do the trick 😅

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

Perhaps at this moment of time what city needs is not a nice guy in charge but a Brian clough or Ron Saunders type , to get the motivation going again, a few trips up  and Mousehold heath  might do the trick 😅

Maybe, but neither would have tolerated Webber, plus the board doesn’t appoint managers with strong opinions. 

On 03/05/2022 at 11:50, keelansgrandad said:

But will it be Smith's squad or Webbers?

That is what needs to be resolved.

Well done to Webber for recruiting Smith. Other than that it is over. Let Smith and Shakey get on with it.

On 03/05/2022 at 11:06, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's a good manager, a great bloke and there have never been any horror stories or drama involving him. All former players and staff who have known him have had nothing but nice and good things to say about him and everyone agrees that almost every club he's been to has been improved over time thanks to his efforts. But of course the moron goldfish brains on here don't like him and for some odd reason want him gone (Turning into Watford fans wanting a new manager on a loop every two months the sad, sad folks..)as he was unable to get us to win ten matches in a row to get us a miricile escape, despite this team not being his team and the injury crisis combined with just how poor our team is meaning he has been handed a sinking ship the likes of which even Pep would be unable to save

What a croc, he’s been here 9 months and we have gone backwards, I couldn’t care less what Villa fans think of him (he’s a villa fan so they love that) I’m more interested in what he has done here at Norwich, from what we have seen here he has zero tactical sense and about as much charisma and connection to the fans as a mouldy carrot!

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?