Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

John Percy's telegraph article

53 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

This is one point I would like to see expanded upon.

This implies there was a fair amount of disorganisation at the club before Dean Smith arrived. More info needed.

I think the poster added the 'at the club' bit.

How I read it was Smith brought in more organisation in terms of the playing squad, as opposed to the more fluid 'be the protagonist' style of Farke. 

3 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

£6 million for a swimming pool? WTF is it going to be gold plated? Where’s Tangible Fixed Assets when we need him?

It’s a state of the art hydrotherapy pool. And I doubt it will be £6m 

has been on the cards for a few years .

( Oh and a couple of unicorn inflatables 🦄 )

PS I made the last bit up 

PPS I see this was answered earlier - apologies . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It’s a state of the art hydrotherapy pool

I hope the shareholders are allowed a dip. 

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Smith has to be given time. Our lack of physicality has made it look like men against boys at times over the last two prem seasons, so if a squad can be built with a view to this it must be progress.

Havent we been recruiting for physicality for a while? Kabak, Williams, Rashica, Placheta, Skipp, Ben Gibson, PLM. The lack of a Buendia replacement was a bigger problem. No goals scored!

Good article, and 2hilenthe pool may be expensive if is helps prevent or speed recovery from the numerous injuries we have it will be well spent

I remain concerned at Smith at the helm.   Can't disagree at needing more physical players esp in central midfield, but if it is to serve up even more route 1 football giving Smith cash would be a concern. As with Warburton has his bubble burst? 

As has been the case for the last 3 close seasons centre back and central mid are the priority, with a ball playing midfield also needed, if PLM isnt seen as that man. 

Obamideles fitness is key to start improving the back line for promotion and beyond