Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Pukki- How much should we pay to get him to stay?

I think that depends on who wants him and for what reason, I suspect he would be happy to stay with us, he would probably be happy as part of a team where he is less of the focus but more likely to win - especially if that came with a longer well paid contract.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

We were always going to exercise the option. Doesn’t mean he won’t leave and his quotes in that article don’t say he’s expecting to be with us either. 

I agree with this and article has actually made me more worried he will go. The quotes from Pukki are very much about seeing out this season and then see what happens.

Us exercising the extension just means he can’t just leave for nothing but he is entitled to go if we don’t make him a decent, longer term offer to stay.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

and I doubt any money received would find any one as prolific... Sargeant was how much?

Even at what, 60k pw, that's £3million a year. There's no way unless you strike absolute gold that you're getting a replacement nearly as good for that money (and that's not including the additional wages).

I suppose the only flipside is if a good, top 10 Premier League club wanted him and it was his last chance for a big contract, it'd feel a bit wrong holding him to ransom here.

• Like 1